WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

cabimom
10-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Well, let's see in the past few weeks we have seen the closing of:

At Home America

The announcement that Willow House is closing it home decor division early next year.

And now today

Biltmore Inspirations has announced they are closing their doors as of December 15, 2012

I am really sad. :(

Mrs. Green Jeans
10-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Well, that was a short-lived run. Sorry to hear you have had such awful luck. I liked the Biltmore line and was ready to buy some holiday gifts from the catalog. I loved that cutting board with the chalkboard edge. I bet the consultants are so disappointed. I know a lady in Texas who was really working her business. Why do you think a lot of start-up companies fold within the first few years?

cabimom
10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Yea, I was a consultant for a whole 3 days! I don't think the company did anything wrong, our economy just suck right now. I guess people would rather shop at Target or TJ Maxx. But, they won't get the quality that Biltmore offered. Their products were really, really nice. I don't know, I am getting really discouraged on the whole direct selling thing. It's been a bad month for me. I joined and lost 2 business' within about 3 weeks of each other.

At least I can say that Biltmore Inspirations answered their phones, treated me very fair and were very compassionate today when I called for a refund. I feel bad for those who have invested a lot of time building their business. I know they all truly believed in the company and the products.

nv93446
10-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Cabimom, I responded to your other post and so sad is right, especially for you! At Home America wasn't a start up and was in business for 16 years?? Other once established companies i.e. Private Quarters was another fairly recent one that was in business for 25 years. I honestly think the home decor market is a tough market. I love home decor but there's only so much space in my home and it's not something I'd replace often enough to sustain the business. I also think the party plan is getting flooded with too many companies and "parties" are harder and harder for people to book consistently to sustain growth.

springtime
10-11-2012, 06:11 PM
What a bummer!

Are they going to be selling off at discounts? If so I would like to order a few things if there are any consultants on this board please PM me :)

melisha114920
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Don't give up on direct selling, there are a alot of great companies out there. You will find the right one.:)

Mrs. Green Jeans
10-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Definitely don't give up in direct sales; you just hit a bout of bad luck this time with a potentially great start up company. That's all. You still have your other business with a consumable product that your customers will love and maybe it was meant to be that you just promote one business at a time.

delovelies
10-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh my goodness Cabimom, I posted earlier on another thread where you mentioned that 3 home decor companies had gone under and I was asking if Biltmore Inspirations was the third, now after reading this thread I know that BI was the third. It is unbelievable and disheartening especially for those of us who have a true passion for home decor and that is what we want to build a business around. I had even looked into Decorating Den's new direct sales division called LIVV and now it is no more! I don't think it even got out of the prelaunch phase. My old upline that I used to work with years ago in Home Interiors, now Celebrating Home, keeps in contact with me and would like me to come back on her team. She says Celebrating Home is going strong, makes me wonder though. Sorry about what happened with BI, I am glad that you were able to get a refund.

rep4ch
10-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Cabimom, so sorry! Keep your head up. Bless & release the experiences with your previous companies & open your heart to something new when you are ready :)

Denise, Celebrating Home is fortunately going strong! Your previous upline is being truthful ;)

LynnAndreske
10-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Our full sales force just got the notification on Biltmore Inspirations closing and that we will have a special consideration for any of the sales force. Seeing that the gorgeous pieces I just browsed online (this company is not in my area) it's just too bad! The site was showing some truly unique and gorgeous items!!
I feel for everyone who loved their business, enjoyed sharing the products and now will face dealing with the final closure.
Wishing them a new nitche and an easy transition.

I had heard too about the others closing, I guess with times as they are, more might follow, but hopefully not..all of us in DS are here because we love this opportunity, the way of life and the income!

Lynn

lisabathome
12-18-2012, 11:24 AM
wanted to let everyone know that AtHome has been purchased by 2 gentleman and is now a 100% online company :) I am very excited about the possibilities!

amers
02-22-2013, 12:58 PM
I would love more information regarding this company. How much do you need to earn to get the free website? Is everyone an individual rep or are there incentives for to get people to join under your name?
Thanks
a

ccorrente
02-23-2013, 06:44 PM
I just joined At Home! Lot's of exciting things happening. New products to include furniture, lamps, rugs and more home decor items. All online! Our team has all the marketing materials done up for us so it's easy to implement! Great support from an awesome upline!

Stellaluna
02-24-2013, 10:11 AM
I see that At Home will be $20 a month for consultants beginning in March unless they reach a certain sales goal. What is the monthly quota to stay on for free?

ccorrente
02-24-2013, 12:54 PM
If you have $100 or more in sales through your website, the $20 fee is waved!

PM me if you want more information. I can also email the little sneak peck flyer we received today! Showing a glimpse of a few of what is coming on March 1st.

amers
03-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Just looked thru the new catalog and looks like there is some amazing items and a much larger selection of products. Has anyone who is affiliated with this company have any feedback on the products and sales. I checked them out a few weeks ago and it looks like there has been some major changes. Some of the prices for items seemed pretty high. Are you nervous that could scare some customers off?
Thanks

ccorrente
03-05-2013, 07:14 AM
So far, my customers have loved the items they purchased. The new furniture line is on the high end but in line with similar type furniture so I am very excited to market my business to individuals that are looking to decorate their home and also to designers and home stagers! I am also a Realtor and I joined At Home because I also help my sellers "stage" their homes for sale and I can have them pick up items from my At Home site to not only improve the "look" of the home they are trying to sell, but I also tell them to pick out things that will also go well in the place they are moving to.

amers
03-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Happy to hear customers have been pleased with items they have purchased. Considering joining and would love any other feedback you could give.

ccorrente
03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
I am fairly new to At Home but the Upline I am with has been awesome. We have our own Facebook page and they are sharing all kinds of marketing materials we can all use for free. Lot's of great ideas and excitement. It really is so easy to just try it as it only cost $20. per month to join and that is for your website. Any month that you have $100 in sales or more from your website they waive the $20. fee.

amers
03-08-2013, 11:01 AM
ccorrente - what is your groups facebook page? Thanks!

lani7
03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Are you still able to build a downline with at home?

ccorrente
03-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Yes, you can have a downline with At Home.

rosstaylor2440
03-20-2013, 09:59 PM
news from the home decor industry:
Gift for Life declares leadership changes, board additions

Gift for Life, charitable organization for the gift, stationery and home decor industries, announced new leadership and new board members.
:home accents today

lisabathome
03-27-2013, 01:25 PM
It is free to sign up and there is no monthy website fee - pretty awesome, I am loving our new products - something for everyone!

Blessings ~ Lisa

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1