WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

JohnJeffrey
10-09-2012, 02:58 AM
Hello All,

Hope you don't me posting this: Oranum.com, one of the Psychic Services appeared in Christina Aguilera's new music video, Your Body! ;) I personally love what they do at Oranum, and I think this is a good promotion for all Psychics!

Christina Aguilera - Your Body - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cfCgLgiFDM)
(with over 11 million views already!)

What do you think?

JJ

Pink Widow
10-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Well you asked John so I will give you my personal opinion...

I am not crazy about it. The way it is portrayed in the video, it almost makes fun of the whole psychic world.
We, as readers, are trying very hard to legitimize this field of work. This vid and the goofy guy who plays the psychic does Oranum and the psychic world a disservice. Someone told me that the reader in the video is the founder/owner of Oranum..wow really? yikes.

Now I know that the video has sort of a fun quirky spin to it, but I am really not impressed seeing Oranum featured in this (and actually if you are not really paying attention, the uber short clips showing Oranum are easy to miss.)

I think O missed the boat on this one.

IMHO of course.

Pink

Oh and PS, there are several clients I have talked to on Oranum who feel this way and are now sort of embarrassed to recommend O to anyone. :(

Don't shoot the messenger, I am only repeating what they tell me

Oh and I forgot to mention the Oranum feature in this video brings back horrifying memories of that crazy 1990's psychic reader Miss Cleo, of the Psychic Friends Network. That one reader and her company did massive damage to the psychic world.

cristina
10-15-2012, 09:09 AM
I do not work for the O site, I have thought of it, but the idea of being in front of a webcam doesn't appeal to me.

I have seen the video and I have to agree that it does SMACK of the "old miss cleo" days back in the 90s, and that's scary stuff.

But all publicity is good publicity at the end of the day. So I'm sure this will help boost O's rankings

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1