WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : eBay alternatives?

lorah
10-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Anyone have any eBay alternatives? I have just decided to get 'serious' with auction selling and have listed a few things on eBay (50 free listings a month) but would like to know what else is out there.

CrystalMK
10-02-2012, 03:53 AM
What about Amazon? I also have used yardsellr.com but it's not an auction.

lorah
10-02-2012, 04:04 AM
I'll check it out, thanks. Does Amazon accept all kinds of items? I'm thinking specifically antiques and collectibles

StateLineBag
10-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Amazon is good. You can also create an Amazon Webstore if you're serious... but then you have to advertise your webstore of course.

Kevin Downey
State Line Bag Co.

ybnegood
10-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Amazon is great if you want to go big time, but their fees are higher than Ebay's and if you're new you don't get preferential listings....plus you have to "upload" your items via a spreadsheet type of form showing references to website page for your products. It's slower to list multiple items on ebay but much easier to navigate.

I personally use Blujay.com (few sales but no fees) and Bonanza.com (fair sales, and fees lower than ebay.)
I also have my items up on free websites I created on yola.com and have gotten quite a few hits and sales directly and they let me use paypal. (no fees except paypal fees)

Ebay is dying a slow painful death as ebay is gearing towards large big box sellers like staples
it is no longer the "go to" site to search for unique products at auction. They have been forcing out the
small sellers with their rule / fee changes and lack of seller protection from bad buyers who constantly bid and never pay. I had 10 unpaid items last month, where I might get only 1 every other month.

martin

GG9909
10-06-2012, 07:09 PM
A great internet tool to find other sites is to use 'similar sites' search engine ;) you'll get quite the list to research. :)

nehasingh
10-07-2012, 02:29 AM
ebay is really good and I don't think there's any alternative. There are amazon to purchase things but ebay it kind 'a different.

You may find alternative but those sites might not so big as ebay, chances of finding relatively small sites operative in local or country level. But ebay is worldwide.

writepro
11-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I agree with the votes for Amazon.

The only thing is that it restricts your listings to certain categories, so it might not work for everything. I primarily use it for books, CDs, DVDs, and such, and it works great for that.

It does get quite a cut from the earnings, but then it won't charge me listing fees.

Of course, if you go pro, you have to pay regular fees - but you'll pay less when you sell, plus you'll be able to list more kinds of things.

And right now is top season at Amazon Marketplace, so I recommend getting your listings up as fast as possible to take advantage of that ;-)

Katie87
11-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Out of the years i've been selling online, i always go back to eBay. i've done tons of "experiments" like, with Amazon and eBay selling the same type of thing, eBay always wins besides books.

i sell a lot and still manage without opening a eBay store. i use my 50 free listings carefully and make sure i get the most out of them. eBay has added a lot of nice features they didn't use to have to make it easy for seller, and cheaper, like free pictures etc.

textchx
11-19-2012, 08:39 AM
I have been into ebay but I like multiply.com, I am from Philippines and I am not sure if multiply.com exist in your country. At multiply, they offer free shipping at the moment.

nbfbaw
11-20-2012, 11:02 AM
I have sold on Bonanza.com, but ebay has still been better.

dreed
12-01-2012, 09:15 PM
I have joined the ranks of those looking for alternatives to Ebay simply because of their listing fees and the final value fees. There are plenty of other options out there and although smaller than Ebay they can also be effective.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1