WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Chatty Kathy

SuzeeQue
10-01-2012, 08:31 AM
I interviewed this morning with Chatty Kathy this morning. She is looking for neutral mid-western accents, but is desperate, so she is considering my deep and wide southern drawl. :)

So, if you have a preferred accent, contact her! She is on the board, here, so search for her!

snarky
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
I interviewed this morning with Chatty Kathy this morning. She is looking for neutral mid-western accents, but is desperate, so she is considering my deep and wide southern drawl. :)

So, if you have a preferred accent, contact her! She is on the board, here, so search for her!

Thanks for posting this. I also have a southern accent but my current students have no difficulty understanding me. Always looking for new opportunities.

freelancewriter
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I had an interview with her several weeks ago, and it went great. She also told me that she was desperate for teachers. I've sent her messages via Skype and she never responds. I wish that she would have at least sent a quick note to tell me that she is not interested in hiring me. I don't like the trend of people ignoring others these days, especially after having a professional interview.

I landed two other online teaching jobs (with adults and teens) since my interview with her, so I must be doing something right :) I even had to complete a mock session with one of the schools, and I am impressed by the other teachers working for the school.

SuzeeQue
10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Well, evidently my interview did not go as well as I thought. She hired a friend of mine who interviewed after me right off the bat, after telling me she would let me know next week, then tonight I got a terse email telling me that she filled the position with someone more qualified. She even had made a point of saying she needed lots of new teachers. I must have really stunk, then, huh?!

Oh, well....

Ivorygirl
10-02-2012, 03:17 AM
I had an interview with her several weeks ago, and it went great. She also told me that she was desperate for teachers. I've sent her messages via Skype and she never responds. I wish that she would have at least sent a quick note to tell me that she is not interested in hiring me. I don't like the trend of people ignoring others these days, especially after having a professional interview.

I landed two other online teaching jobs (with adults and teens) since my interview with her, so I must be doing something right :) I even had to complete a mock session with one of the schools, and I am impressed by the other teachers working for the school.

I also had an interview with her a couple of weeks ago that went extremely well. I was left with the impression that I had a job. Then I noticed that she had removed me from her Skype. My e-mail also went unanswered.
I have no idea what the problem is.
the moral of the story is: don't count on this one!

SuzeeQue
10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Chatty Kathy asked me to remove all her postings, so apparently she does not want any more inquiries.

:confused:

snarky
10-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Well, after reading these posts she certainly won't have to worry about an inquiry from me. ;)

mankatogirl
10-02-2012, 09:19 AM
I thought I had all the qualifications she needed, a mid-west accent, a degree from college, online teaching experience, etc. Never heard anything back from the inquiries I sent her way. Oh, well. :(

Added information: She did get back to me, told me she would hire me, had some students I could teach, lined up an interview for me to talk with the students, then the story went south from there. E-mailed me later to say I was not needed. She had placed the students I was to have with other tutors.

I think my advice is to think very carefully about this opportunity. On the plus side, I really learned much from talking with her! Everything we talked about gave me much more insight into the world of having your own online tutoring business. So, even though I thought I was going to work with her and did not, I don't regret this experience. Here is a quote I searched for that indicates what I learned from her:

"Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid."
John Keats (1795 - 1821)