WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Looking for advice!

Kuhtreenuh07
09-24-2012, 06:22 PM
My husband and I have two children under two. I've been searching for a flexible job for months now and have had no luck. I hate the thought of being away from my babies but we really need the money. Lately though I've been looking into different wahm options. Sentsy has stood out to me the most. But I think I still need some sort of push! I'm worried that I'll waste $99 for nothing! Can I earn the money I could make with a part-time job?($400-600 a month)? And will I have to be away from my kids a lot to make the money(Doing parties and what not)? I'm desperate for income but I don't wanna waste my time! Thanks so much ladies!

mommy2005
09-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Hello there,

I read your post and you have some of the same concerns I had starting out. My daughter was a small toddler when I started Scentsy 2 1/2 years ago.

If you are going to do a party plan company or direct sales, Scentsy is the best one around. I've researched so many other companies before I signed up and I've even looked at others since. Scentsy has a consumable product with great prices. Plus, you can't beat the fact the company has been around for 8 years. So, they are not going anywhere. Now, adding Velata and Grace Adele has given the consultants even more chances to make more money. Not to mention a greater chance of growing teams.

It will take work on your part, but having a passion for the product helps so much. I love the flexibility it provides and I can see my daughter while I'm working. I have an open house in my home with every catalog change and before the holidays. I invite customers to bring their kids, too. There have been no problems. I schedule home parties and shows when my husband is available to watch our daughter.

I could go and on, so I'll send you a PM instead. But, you are doing a great job by asking questions.

SimplySaidmumof3
09-24-2012, 10:58 PM
oops meant to send private message.

kainsley\
09-25-2012, 05:08 AM
I very rarely do home parties and when I do, I can schedule it around my family time. And yes, it's absolutely possible (and not very difficult) to make what you want and more. You will need to work at it and it won't be overnight, but it's much easier with Scentsy than most other DS businesses. PM me if I can answer further questions for you. Good luck in your decision!

christyvw2004
09-25-2012, 07:57 PM
I think the great thing about a "home based" business is that we have the opportunity to set our own hours. If you want to only do one show a month so be it...you can always offer them a basket party. State these are the dates I do shows when you have someone wanting a show. Their is also the whole online system. If you love our product I think the $99 is a great price...heck the product alone is worth that if you never sell a thing. Maybe if you talk to someone they can help you discover if this will work for you. Not sure if you have already been thinking of a sponsor...but if not please feel free to drop me a line.

MeltMyScent
09-25-2012, 09:00 PM
I agree with what the other posters have said. Because Scentsy is a home based business you can work it however you like. I market mostly online and do basket parties locally, I am not really a party hosting kind of gal so I love that Scentsy is so flexible and I can work the business to what suits me best. I have three small children at home so I rarely have to take time out from them since I do most of the work from home. The only thing that takes me away from home is delivering basket parties (or mailing them to out of town hostesses) and delivering the Scentsy products once they come in. I am able to do all that when my husband is at home to stay with the kids.

When I am out and about I will drop catalogs/fliers/samples etc, but I do not make special trips for this I just do it while I run regular errands, out to eat with the family etc.

Your goals are very achievable as long as you work the business and put in the effort! You will not regret joining Scentsy, it is an excellent company!

Amber Rose
09-26-2012, 08:57 AM
I sent you an email :) Hope to talk to you soon! <3

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1