WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

SpiritualWAHM
09-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Anyone have any experience with this online school? A friend of mine has received her Bachelors and is now almost finished with her Masters. She loves it but I would love to hear from others. I plan on signing up next month.

DougC
09-21-2012, 07:29 AM
You should REALLY investigate this so-called university before giving them a dime. Think long and hard before shelling out $2,000. If you got a masters from them, it would have the same value as a roll of Cottonelle bathroom tissue. My problem with them is the price and giving out degrees like a puppy factory. It takes real people years and years to get a Masters or a PHd. Please do your due diligence on this, I implore you.

elana242
10-03-2012, 09:24 PM
I agree with Doug's assessment. You really need to see what exactly would it do for you to have your degree from them. Think of yourself and where you are headed.

SpiritualWAHM
10-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Thank you both!! My goal is to learn, the main reason...they offer classes in all of the stuff I am interesting in learning. My ultimate goal is to work at Hospice, helping people cross over as well as counsel their family through the process. Using my mediumship along with the stuff I learned through school should help me to my ultimate goal. With their program, you are ordained as well. I think having a degree in the metaphysics will help me do what I want to do. Some friends of mine took the Morris Pratt course that is specific for Spiritualism, it is quite a course and is around $1000. With their certification, they are able to work through Hospice doing exactly what it is I want to do. I am a Spiritualist and debating on the Morris Pratt or the University of Metaphysical Sciences...for me I didn't want to limit myself to just a Spiritualist program. It is geared 100% towards Spiritualism, and I want to broaden my horizons. Learning about all different religions, dreams, miracles, reincarnation, etc. They teach so much. One of my BFF's has her Bachelors and is almost finished with her Masters. She said the support the school gives is amazing, they don't let you fail and are there to help at all times. What is funny is I spent over $6000 to go to business college when I was in my 20's, did nothing with it. I only did it because it was my only option at the time. Now I am interested in doing schooling that really caters to what I live & want to learn. Thanks for the input, still haven't made up my mind 100% but I am leaning towards it, even if it is just to learn.

JohnJeffrey
10-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Thank you both!! My goal is to learn, the main reason...they offer classes in all of the stuff I am interesting in learning. My ultimate goal is to work at Hospice, helping people cross over as well as counsel their family through the process. Using my mediumship along with the stuff I learned through school should help me to my ultimate goal. With their program, you are ordained as well. I think having a degree in the metaphysics will help me do what I want to do. Some friends of mine took the Morris Pratt course that is specific for Spiritualism, it is quite a course and is around $1000. With their certification, they are able to work through Hospice doing exactly what it is I want to do. I am a Spiritualist and debating on the Morris Pratt or the University of Metaphysical Sciences...for me I didn't want to limit myself to just a Spiritualist program. It is geared 100% towards Spiritualism, and I want to broaden my horizons. Learning about all different religions, dreams, miracles, reincarnation, etc. They teach so much. One of my BFF's has her Bachelors and is almost finished with her Masters. She said the support the school gives is amazing, they don't let you fail and are there to help at all times. What is funny is I spent over $6000 to go to business college when I was in my 20's, did nothing with it. I only did it because it was my only option at the time. Now I am interested in doing schooling that really caters to what I live & want to learn. Thanks for the input, still haven't made up my mind 100% but I am leaning towards it, even if it is just to learn.

I have read an article somewhere, will send it over to you...

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1