WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Hello!

clstainbrook
09-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Good morning!

I finally decided to create an account after a thousand-and-a-half Google searches for random things lead me here. I always found my answers somewhere in this forum! I thought I'd finally join in and hang out. :p

I've been a Scentsy consultant for 10 months & I loooove it. I am the queen of never finishing anything I start. I'm a big hobby girl but, I always start a hobby and forget about it after a month or so. I started Scentsy as impulsively as I started sewing, knitting, needle-felting, baking, composting, gardening, canning, etc. All of which I went BIG and then fizzled out. I bought everything I needed for all of it, I was super excited, completely researched and then BAM. Done.

So, I signed up for Scentsy randomly one night just for kicks. I thought the testers were cute and I had a plugin warmer I got from a fair somewhere. I just "felt like it." I had $99, and found a consultant and signed up. I'd never been to a party, never been asked if I wanted to join.. nothing. I'm a DREAM recruit! lol.

My sponsor was NEVER in the picture and ended up quitting. Her sponsor isn't active, and my director is the "sits on her hands and watches her downline grow" kind of lady. She's probably really nice, but she's not "all in" and I've never been able to get ahold of her.

Anyway, I decided that I wanted to go BIG with Scentsy and began hitting it head on. I worked full-time 40-60 hours a week, and started partying with Scentsy on the weekends while raising a 2-year-old. I missed my kid. THEN, I met some directors and realized it was actually something people could DO! I was like, "Wait, I've NEVER met anyone in real life who's ever made direct selling their actual job. You mean, you can?" -- So, I decided I'M GOING TO DO THAT. I want to stay at home with my little man and have the FREEDOM to do with my life what I want.

My dad passed away in February and I was in charge of EVERYTHING -- which of course all had to be done between 9-5.. Which doesn't work with working full-time. I decided that I had Scentsy in front of me and I needed to USE IT. So, I went part-time at work after praying for an "escape route" and even though financially we couldn't afford it at the time -- I knew I had an awesome opportunity with Scentsy in front of me that if I PUSHED it, it would happen!

And that's what's been happening! I'm so proud that this month is the first month that I've been financially able to make with Scentsy what I made with one paycheck at work (I was the breadwinner in our house, btw. VERY hard decision!) I'm finally "break even" with what we made before I went part time and I work far less now and get to see my kid! My long-term goal is to get to the TOP and to help my husband be able to live FREE, too!

10 months later, I'm a dream recruit for my sponsor (whoever she is!) and I'm a SSC with a team of 30+. I CANNOT wait to see where Scentsy takes us!

I'm BEYOND blessed to have found Scentsy and would love to connect with others who share that dream!

Thanks for listening to my craziness! Looking forward to getting to know you all. Time to go lurk/stalk the rest of the forum!

imamomagain
09-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Wow! You are proof that if you set your goals and get to work, you can accomplish anything!
I have seen people come & go into this business and I can tell you that even NEW Consultants now are seeing success. So many people complain that they can't make it work and give every reason under the sun (like too many consultants, can't compete with others etc.) its nice to hear from others that this business does work! Congratulations on your success and your climb to the top. We will be here cheering you on!

CinnaShoppe
09-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Wow! I can't believe your upline was so absent! I talk to my downline and their downlines and our upline all the time. I can't imagine just sitting there and watching! I think it's amazing what we can do when we set our minds to it. Congrats on taking the leap of faith and believing in yourself :-) Best wishes for the future!

christyvw2004
09-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Welcome, and you sound like a go getter. Sure their are great things in your future.

softbalfun
10-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Thank you for posting your story. I am just starting off so to see something like that is amazing! I hope that one day I can post my story just like yours!

mommy2005
10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Welcome! That is an awesome story! We can all do it, if we put our minds to it.

kainsley\
10-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Congrats! That's awesome!

lrstith
10-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Congrats!!! You are doing great and I can tell with your determination you will be at the top in no time!!! Keep up the great work!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1