WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Waiting for a job ...

Momsageek
09-13-2012, 07:38 AM
So I'm leaving the "waiting for a job" window open on my desktop (like it says to do) while I work on other things, but I've noticed that I don't get any new jobs. Sometimes I'll refresh the window and I'll get one then. Also, yesterday when I refreshed, it logged me out and I had to log back in.

Is it really this slow with work usually? I'm actually leaving the window up all day while I do other transcription work but I rarely get anything. Yesterday, I only received a handful of files, all day long. I like QT because it's quick, easy work and I was able to make a few bucks quickly... until the last day or so when it seems to have "died."

If it really is this slow, is there another job you can suggest that is similar to QT? I tried SpeechInk and I absolutely hated it. Working within an applet was he11, the standards are ridiculous, and just not worth the time/pay, IMO (and I'm a 15 yr transcription vet). I'm open to just about any VA type work (except phone work).

TIA!

bkboor
09-13-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't know why it would be this slow for you unless you're trying to do work on the weekend or in the evenings. If you are a new typist sometimes it may take a while to start getting more files as it they claim to send audios to the fastest and most accurate typists. If I'm logged in between 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM Eastern Time I usually get calls pretty steadily, usually back to back. I will say that the site has a habit of sticking and if a few minutes pass without an audio I will click the transcribe button or refresh the page and the calls will start coming again. This is a nice steady job for me as I can log in for a couple hours anytime I want during the weekdays and work pretty consistently for that entire time.

Good luck! :D

Momsageek
09-17-2012, 05:22 AM
Guess it was sticking on me because it would load audio after I refresh after a few minutes of nothing. I'm usually logged in during those same times and did notice it was pretty steady the next day for me. Don't know if maybe the site just "worked" better that day and didn't stick as much or what, but I was pretty happy about the steadiness of the work.

Thanks!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1