WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Need ideas!!

Lmmartin23
09-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm a new consultant with scentsy! Signed up last month and had a pretty good first 2 weeks!! Most orders were from friends and family though!! Bless them lol

I'm having a hard time finding other customers!! I advertise on Fb weekly sometimes twice a week and haven't gotten any bites!! Wondering where else I can advertise (free)???

Also I am a member of a horse riding club and we have two large events coming up ! I was thinkning of doing a ballot box and drawing a winner of a gift!! Hoping to draw in more clients. My questions are what should I put on the "ballots" that would help me earn their business?? Also what gift would you give away? I was thinkning of giving away a plugin. Should I also include a bar or no?

Shoot me some ideas of what I could do at these too busy events that would help me please!! Thanks sooo much

Lmmartin23
09-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Anyone?? Please??

LorettaA
09-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Hello and welcome to Scentsy! I think the Wrangler Plug-in would be a super cool giveaway at your event. I would include a bar (if you can afford to) so that you can explain how the warmer/bar system works.

I probably have a sample drawing slip you can copy and change as you see fit. Message me your email and I'll send it to you.

LAscents
09-12-2012, 04:08 PM
You may have a drawing box but you can't post with signage or actual product what they would win if they entered. Compliance recently clarified this issue. They were specifically addressing having a box at an event but it would be no different at a business.

"Consultants are able to have a ballot box at an event. However, they would not be able to have a sign up stating what they will win. What you can do is have a sign that states something similar to “ask me about my special”. Once a Customer starts communicating with you, that is your chance to talk to them about the drawing. The reason for this is, when a Customer starts communicating with you, you are building a relationship with them, thus they are becoming your customer."

Lmmartin23
09-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks Loretta I'll pm you for that!!

So what you are saying is that I can have the box but not say I'm having a drawing for a something?

LAscents
09-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Correct. You can have a lead generation box or collect addresses to be added to your mailing list, you just can't publicly offer a prize drawing or mention what you're giving away - it falls under public personal specials which is prohibited. You're free to offer any specials you choose, it just needs to be communicated privately.

Lmmartin23
09-12-2012, 08:58 PM
It's a private group event at a ranch!! Can I announce there will be a drawing? Or how do I let them know?

LAscents
09-13-2012, 04:43 AM
Private would be something like an email or you dialoging in someone's living room at a home party where the host invited friends. The language from compliance is;

"Consultants are able to have a ballot box at an event. However, they would not be able to have a sign up stating what they will win. What you can do is have a sign that states something similar to “ask me about my special”. Once a Customer starts communicating with you, that is your chance to talk to them about the drawing. The reason for this is, when a Customer starts communicating with you, you are building a relationship with them, thus they are becoming your customer."

melisha114920
09-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Make sure you post to classified ad websites. Hope that helps you.

kristakey13
09-13-2012, 06:49 AM
Have you tried going into business offices with scent samples and brochures? Just tell the person at the front desk that they can consider it an impromptu party and they are the host getting the host benefits when people order. Not everyone will be ok with it, but with every no you gain nothing but you also lose nothing. Move on to the next place because with every "yes" you gain sales, potential new customers and/or downline members, and a little confidence the more you do it each time. Good luck!

Lmmartin23
09-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the ideas !!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1