WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

jessgrl
09-09-2012, 09:34 PM
I just wanted to say hi! I'm so excited, I can't wait to get started. It's a really difficult time for us right now, we recently lost our business that we had just opened 8 months ago, we're broke in debt and stressed out but tonight I feel excited :D it feels good to have a (start of) plan. I've been making money all along with mturk and plan to continue to do so, plus I wanted to start selling my own watercolor xmas cards (can I do that? I just saw greeting cards on a scentsy website, I didn't know they sold cards-but mine would be totally hand-painted/drawn and separate from the scentsy side of things-almost forgot to ask that!~) I plan to work the scentsy totally online with online parties (of course, if someone asked me to have a home party I wouldn't turn them down) Ok, anyways, I just meant to say hi and quit lurking! I've read some really good tips this evening, thank you all:)

JustineW
09-10-2012, 03:17 AM
Congratulations on a new beginning..You will love selling Scentsy.

kainsley\
09-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Yes, you can continue selling your other products. Scentsy has changed their policy on that. You sound like you're dedicated & ready to go. Please let us know if you have any questions. I wish you the best of luck in your new Scentsy business.

LAscents
09-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Hi Jess,

Welcome out of lurkdom! Your excitement for your new venture will take you far in this biz. The only thing you really need to be careful of with your card business is cross marketing. You can't market them together online or offline and you can't cross promote cards to your Scentsy contacts. So long as you keep the two entirely separate you'll be fine.

NYScents
09-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Congrats on your new Scentsy business! You will love it as much as the rest of us here in the group :)

Julieann, Independent Scentsy Consultant (http://www.thatcandlegirl.scentsy.us)

a.swartz
09-10-2012, 03:36 PM
YAY!!! Welcome to Scentsy :D You will love it and I hope it helps take some of your stress away :D

jessgrl
09-11-2012, 01:42 AM
thank you!! I'm halfway to the kit price from the work I did online yesterday sp if all goes well I'll be there buy the end of the day today :) can't wait! Congratulations on a new beginning..You will love selling Scentsy.

jessgrl
09-11-2012, 01:45 AM
thank you!! I FEEL ready to go, though I have moments where self doubt floods over me and I get kinda overwhelmed but I'm trying to banish all negative thoughts. I firmly believe if you tell yourself you can't do something you can't, so none of that for me (anymore!) I'm not going to try to do it I'm going to do it and not give up ;) I sound like a self help book lol

Yes, you can continue selling your other products. Scentsy has changed their policy on that. You sound like you're dedicated & ready to go. Please let us know if you have any questions. I wish you the best of luck in your new Scentsy business.

jessgrl
09-11-2012, 01:49 AM
thanks for the information! I really appreciate it. Does that mean I can have FB pages/groups for both businesses, my cards and scentsy as long as I keep them separate from each other? What if someone on my friends list who orders scentsy also signs up for my card FB group and orders cards? like say they msg me and say "I'd like to order scentsy and one of your xmas cards" how would I handle that? I think I need to go to sleep, too much thinking for today (and it's 5am-insomnia):rolleyes:
thanks again!!

Hi Jess,

Welcome out of lurkdom! Your excitement for your new venture will take you far in this biz. The only thing you really need to be careful of with your card business is cross marketing. You can't market them together online or offline and you can't cross promote cards to your Scentsy contacts. So long as you keep the two entirely separate you'll be fine.

jessgrl
09-11-2012, 01:52 AM
thanks, I can't wait to get started! and I really can't wait to smell the scents, I love candle tarts but I've never even tried scentsy yet, lol. I just stumbled across a scentsy website this past weekend and loved everything I saw. :)Congrats on your new Scentsy business! You will love it as much as the rest of us here in the group :)

Julieann, Independent Scentsy Consultant (http://www.thatcandlegirl.scentsy.us)

LAscents
09-11-2012, 06:40 PM
thanks for the information! I really appreciate it. Does that mean I can have FB pages/groups for both businesses, my cards and scentsy as long as I keep them separate from each other? What if someone on my friends list who orders scentsy also signs up for my card FB group and orders cards? like say they msg me and say "I'd like to order scentsy and one of your xmas cards" how would I handle that? I think I need to go to sleep, too much thinking for today (and it's 5am-insomnia):rolleyes:
thanks again!!

The key is going to be that you don't proactively market them together. If you keep them entirely separate you've fulfilled your obligation. If someone approaches you and you're merely reacting/responding, you should be fine - just so long as you don't try to use it as a loop hole. ... does that make sense? We're not trying to gag you or prohibit you from answering questions about either - just from promoting them together or from using contacts from one for gain on another.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1