WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Reiki_Light
09-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Is your mic open as well? With the idea of possible background noise (not steady-but potential here and there) during certain hours-I like the idea of not having an open line, but using chat instead. I was wondering how that works-and if so, how do you adjust for a sudden "knock on the door" or the likes. I'm leaning towards this to prevent all my eggs in one basket, but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into up front--also--can anyone recommend any sites? I know that O*anium does cam readings-and have read mixed things from other readers, but that's true of any service.

Pink Widow
09-08-2012, 11:20 AM
To be honest Reiki, I am not 100% sure what the policy is on cam reading sites.

When I was hired at "O" I was told it was required to have a good quality cam, fast internet and a working open mic, but I have noticed several readers on this particular site (as well as another one I am a reader on) who choose not to have open mic. One reader even states in her profile that she won't speak on mic in open chat to save her energy..I dunno...

Of course, as you might imagine, customers then proceed to my free chat or probably others and complain about these readers, yet these readers remain soundless in their rooms. So I am not sure what the companies want.

Personally I am a 'orrible typist so it is easier for me to have an open mic, plus I just think it is a more pleasant experience for those who come to my free chat. Also, since i am a tarot reader, "O" selects readers for demos now and then. Frankly, its hard to juggle cards and a keyboard at the same time...for me anyway lol.

I have a dedicated office that I work in. I close the door, close out the animals and if someone comes knocking at the door, well they have to go away and come back later. I am working - whether it is in a brick and mortar office or my home office -I am not home as far as visitors are concerned during working times.

If you don't have a dedicated office, it can be tricky. But you can always try the no mic route...of course if you are taken to private and choose to talk, you are back at square one with outside noises.

For recommendations, "O" is the only one I MIGHT recommend now, although it is slow, they are hiring like mad so the site is slowly becoming over-saturated with readers. There is another web cam site I belong to, but the cut they take out of your pay is absolutely outrageous and I would not recommend working there, so I won't even mention it. I rarely work there anymore, only if I want a change of scenary so to speak lol.

Good luck!

Reiki_Light
09-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks Pink.I have an office, but I like to migrate around just for change of scenery. Does anyone know-with the cam sites like O--are we able to just use the chat-is it our option? I can talk and make sure I'm in my office, but it's nice to know up front if possible. I've always found voice a bit distracting but it's likely a matter of getting used to it again.

Barbarapaulson
11-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Besides oranum and access are there any good cam sites that pay good? :confused:

cristina
11-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Is the O site busy at all? I see they are carrying on a HUGE advertizing blitz, FATE magazine had a full page ad, and so did Soul and Spirit in the UK.
But can people get quality readings there? I've seen people picking their teeth, scratching their butts, and singing hillbilly songs inbetween readings...so I don't see how that site is offering quality readings...I"m anti webcam because I don't feel comfortable with that format. just my two cents. HOwever if I got desperate enough and needed the $$, then of course I'd do it if I had to. Right now I"m fine THANK Goddess!!!!

Pink Widow
11-15-2012, 11:07 AM
LOL

Cristina, thanks for the giggle today!

I must confess I have not seen any of the things you mentioned that readers do on cam, but I am seen somethings that I thought "wow that is about as unprofessional as it gets, why are they allowed to do that"

I think Oranum is oversaturating their site with readers and sadly they are not really weeding out the bad from the good. I honestly think it comes down to if you have a working cam and a fast Internet and your ability to sell yourself. I guess these butt scratchers and teeth pickers must be able to do that.

I think you can still find quality on the site, you just have to be discriminating as a customer. I mean just because a reader scratches his/her butt the way you do is no reason to choose a psychic to read for you.

Eventually the ones who don't provide quality should go away from lack of work. At least that is how I hope it works.

I can still pull in a good amount of money, but I am a 5-star with good quality feedback. Its not like it used to be though. Back when I first started about 9 months ago, it was nothing to pull in $1000.00 in two weeks. Now I bring in about half that.

Jessica Golden
12-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Besides oranum and access are there any good cam sites that pay good? :confused:

Yes there are. Try Psychic Access. I work there and it is awesome!

Psychic Sylvia
12-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I haven't commented on Wahm in over 2 years now LOL, but I've just started reading more regularly again. As for the "O" site, I have seen some very "STRANGE" behaviors on camera when I visit the site. I'm sure the customers enjoy seeing their readers, but I prefer phone or typing off camera so I can concentrate.

cristina
12-05-2012, 02:04 PM
I haven't seen you in ages Sylvia! Glad to see you back, I too haven't been here in a couple of years and started posting again a few months back.

As far as the O site, last night I saw a client tell a reader that her "husband's **** was blown off in Iraq" and what can she do? I don't know, but it really was an offensive question and gave me a glimpse of what "good" readers may have to put up with there. Also I have a friend who is going through the grueling FREEBEE process where you have to give free readings until someone hires. I think he made .17 cents this week.

So I'm highly skeptical of the site. I'm with Sylvia I would rather concentrate using phone or chat. webcam can be extremely distracting.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1