WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Rebecca Bliss
09-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi Everyone. I've been doing readings for years but Im just now researching getting online at some of the sites you talk about here. I remember reading on one of the sites applications that they do not allow you to use your real name. Which is ok but how do you marry everything together cohesively such as other sites and especially the payment and accounts? And accidently introducing yourself by your real name (I imagine I would do that eventually! lol) Plus, Im not so sure I like what might feel "dishonest" to me. IDK, what do you experince?

Any advice for setting everything up ahead of time and ideas for what I may need to be aware of?

Thank you!

Pink Widow
09-07-2012, 08:49 PM
For me personally Rebecca, I use a variation of my real name...sort of a nickname based off of one of the syllables in my name so it is easy to remember. It also helps that one of my nieces calls me this name too :)

I belong to a few online sites and use this nickname for all of them..although I spell it different in most places

As far as payments and accounts. if you work for an online service, you must give your real name to them for the bookkeeping aspect of it. So that is the easy part.

Rebecca Bliss
09-08-2012, 07:44 AM
thank you for your reply Pink. On any of the sites you use, does the client pay you directly from Paypal though. IF so, doesn't the reciept say your real name and address on it?

Pink Widow
09-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Of the 5 sites I do readings for, there is only one site I belong to that goes directly to Paypal, on all the other sites the money is filtered through the company so they hand out payment after taking their %.

There might be more sites that do the direct pay route, but I am not aware of them or use them. The receipt for this particular company might indeed say my real name, but it also says the real name of the person sending payment...sooo, it works both ways lol.....and like I said my working name is a variation of my real name so I am not concerned about trying to appear to be someone else. I don't really at look or care about the real names and highly doubt that many customers look at or care about my real name if they see it.

So, yeah, I guess it is all about what you are comfortable with.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1