WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Demand for Excel/Access tutoring?

ladysawfan
09-06-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm already stressed by this call-center job and I'm wondering, is there any demand for tutoring computer software? Such as Excel and Access and Crystal reports and SQL? I have a degree in IT but since I live out in the boonies and my car is broke down there's no jobs out here. I was thinking of tutoring ESL but since djunomad says that there's really not much demand I figure I might as well tutor the thing I know most about anyway. Where and who would be better for trying to tutor in this kind of subject? Would it be face-to-face or online? Would it be college students who need to get help studying these subjects or would it be working adults who get the demand from the boss to do something extra heavy in Excel or web design? i mean, is this a viable business part-time? full-time?

starbirdy66
09-06-2012, 10:43 AM
You can find freelance work available in these areas at many job sites and freelance bidding sites and you can build a business as well (website/blog, promote affiliate programs/products, create your own affiliate products/programs, write e-books), be a consultant, etc.

rosstaylor2440
10-16-2012, 03:55 AM
I am agree with starbirdy. If you are not find the jobs then you can try to find consultancy, they offering job with better places. You need to register your account on some job related websites such as naukri.com, TimesJobs.com, Shine.com, JobSeeker.com etc. And side by side you need to do part time job ,so you can join freelance work. It is better for earn income at home . There are many jobs available in this sites like blog promoting, website promoting, email sending, content writing, etc. I think, Call center is not an challenging job. You are IT student so you can try to some software companies.

djunamod
10-18-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm already stressed by this call-center job and I'm wondering, is there any demand for tutoring computer software? Such as Excel and Access and Crystal reports and SQL? I have a degree in IT but since I live out in the boonies and my car is broke down there's no jobs out here. I was thinking of tutoring ESL but since djunomad says that there's really not much demand I figure I might as well tutor the thing I know most about anyway. Where and who would be better for trying to tutor in this kind of subject? Would it be face-to-face or online? Would it be college students who need to get help studying these subjects or would it be working adults who get the demand from the boss to do something extra heavy in Excel or web design? i mean, is this a viable business part-time? full-time?

I actually never said that there aren't many online ESL teaching jobs available ;). I might have mentioned that online college teaching jobs (such as teaching college-level courses at American universities online) aren't too plentiful these days, at least in my field (English and literature). But there are online ESL jobs open and they're being posted all the time.

But to be honest with you, I see a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes in your post above. So I'm not sure that ESL would be a good fit, as companies are very picky about teachers knowing perfect (or near perfect - nobody's perfect!) English grammar and mechanics.

But it sounds like computer tutoring is right up your alley. I hope you find something!

Djunamod