WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

laurie121
08-30-2012, 07:02 PM
can anybody recommend a good wholesaler or dropshipper? thanks so much

LinegroseNetwork
09-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Depends where and what you want to sell. There are many companies.

mominternet
09-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Try Inventory Source, they have a variety of drop ship companies that sign up with them. They make money by offering you software to manage your drop ship companies but you do not have to use their software.

Sign up is FREE plus you will at least have quite a few choices from their dropshipper directory. Each company has their own guidelines and or fees if any...so be sure to read the fine print for each dropship company they recommend.

CrystalMK
09-07-2012, 02:31 PM
I used to use Sunrise.com in the past. They were ok.

MrzCandlez
09-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Try Wholesale - Wholesalers, Importers & Manufacturers | TopTenWholesale.com (http://www.toptenwholesale.com), you shouldn't go wrong.

Wholesale and Dropship,lots of companies to choose from.

Back in the day I tried Sunrise too and made 1 sell.

Their jewelry seems to do very well on ebay though,if you search for the same items you will be selling.

The best thing to do is find high quality stuff.

lisadlastdegree
09-10-2012, 02:50 AM
I got all my contacts for wholesalers and dropshippers through Worldwide Brands. It is updated every week.

rosstaylor2440
09-18-2012, 04:44 AM
I think, Wholesaler is much better than drop-shippers. You can consume enough time in researching about the things that are mostly bought by people, and then purchase the products straight on the wholesaler and store it and ship off single pieces every time someone purchase one. This can greatly work, but after you try for a moment you found out that it entails so much tasks. In wholesaler system will work best to those who have a spacious storage and enough time to carry the items on the post office or other shipper. In drop-shippers method you will not purchase or stock any products anymore before the customer buy. With drop shipper, they don't require up-front outlay and only less involved risk, you will only pay the item when it has been bought. With this you will not worry anymore with the space for storage because once you notify the drop shipper about the item sold, they will work with the packaging and send the product straight to your buyer.

StateLineBag
10-02-2012, 11:07 AM
We offer our products at wholesale, but don't offer a drop-ship program.

What's better for you depends on how many types of products and how many SKUs. If you're dealing with just a limited number of SKUs, better to inventory yourself so that you have full control of everything from beginning to end.

Kevin Downey
State Line Bag Co.

textchx
11-13-2012, 03:19 AM
What products do you opt to? I have tried alibaba.com,most of them are based in China. They are good by the way.

ybnegood
11-13-2012, 09:38 PM
try wholesalecentral.com

you can search by item and the wholesalers that sell that item pop up

you can also subscribe to their monthly magazine for free and it has many ads
by wholesalers and one-time only specials too

good luck
I import my own stuff in small quantities and ship out myself when I get the order
that way I don't pay somebody else to do what I can easily do (pack and ship)

martin

experience
11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
The word wholesale appeals to a lot of people simply because it conveys the idea that it must be cheaper than retail. Many retail stores have "wholesale" or "factory outlet" as part of their name.
Nevertheless there are many wholesalers who do provide products to retailers at prices that will allow a profit margin. The problem is that to get worthwhile discounts you usually have to buy large quantities.
I ran an importing business for 22 years until quadruple bypass surgery forced me to retire. I NEVER bought from wholesalers. I only ever bought direct from manufacturers, mostly in China, but in several other countries as well.
Although I frequently placed large orders as business grew, often my import shipments were valued as low as $100, but on those I would make at least $60 profit. Importing is VERY easy, and you do not need to know the rules about Customs duty etc.
My forced retirement was driving me crazy, so I chose to occupy my very active brain by writing a short explanation of how to import the easy way.
There are traps for the unwary, but I outline these, and avoiding any one of them can save a newbie many thousands of dollars.
There is a very safe way to locate genuine manufacturers who will supply small quantities at prices way below what you would pay through drop shippers or wholesalers.
Being new here I don't think I am allowed to display a link, so if you want more information please email me.

jblawg
12-26-2012, 03:19 AM
im an importer and exporter and i deal in south east asia markets mainly such as singapore, malaysia, indonesia and thailand.

jblawg
12-26-2012, 03:20 AM
we import/export of consumer electronics, pcs, laptops, tablets, Alternative and Free energy Products. if you are interested in any above or shipping, logistic related matters, just let me know and i'll see what i can do to help :D

Trudi Sells
12-27-2012, 04:53 PM
I got set up with Honest Green as a green product dropshipper. This was my first experience but I had so much difficulty getting my inventory page set up. They provide a .csv file but I couldn't build a site that would allow me to upload the .csv the way it was. Maybe another time I will try again.

experience
03-08-2013, 10:35 PM
The primary purpose of this post is to warn that a number of the sourcing sites recommended in various posts are downright risky. I see far too many people casually saying to search Google or go to sourcing website XYZ.com where you can find thousands of suppliers.

In my e-book I list just a handful of safe sites but I will not disclose those known safe sites online for the reason that I will not encourage amateurs to launch themselves into importing without some real knowledge of what is involved. If they choose to buy my book they gain that knowledge, together with ongoing support.

One of the best sites is used by professional importers and is not user friendly. In my book I provide an explanation of the site's purpose and benefits, as well as click by click instructions on how to navigate its pages. Without that, would-be importers would quickly give up, and in the process miss out on some of the best suppliers.

When I refer to amateurs, I speak of ones such as I encounter frequently who, encouraged by advice on forums, have eagerly begun to locate suppliers and even place orders, without adequate knowledge of the process.

Quite a few of them subsequently come to me with their woes, having decided at last that they do need expert advice. One example might help.

A lady in New Zealand emailed me having already ordered and paid for some goods that were bulky and of relatively low value. When she discovered that the freight cost was going to far exceed the value of the goods, she wrote to ask could the information in my book show her what to do.

I helped her with specific advice immediately, and she then bought my book and is starting again, this time having a much better idea of how to proceed, as well as having continuing guidance from me should she have any concerns.

I teach that sourcing can be done safely, and importing can be done with great ease, but the information found on forum posts is not sufficient upon which to base serious business decisions. And yes, I do hope people will buy my book, but I do not rely on book sales for my income. It is a hobby to keep my brain active during my health-enforced retirement.

Having read this far, may I ask that you also consider that most of the distress emails I receive are from people who have tried dropshipping or wholesale sources in the mistaken belief that this is the only way they can order very small quantities. Small quantities can be ordered direct at factory prices, and importing the goods can be incredibly simple and easy.

PM me if you want more information.

requilll
03-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Hey #=] Someone suggested Alibaba.com. They are usually reliable and the quality of their goods are decent. When you calculate value based on Quality over Price, they are awesome!!

However, they are for more experienced buyers because there are certain sellers there that are shady.
I would recommend aliexpress instead. They are like a more refined version of alibaba.
Sellers here are more reliable because they have been screened more throughly than in alibaba. Plus, the interface is better.

Hope this helps!!

experience
03-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Hey #=] Someone suggested Alibaba.com. They are usually reliable and the quality of their goods are decent. When you calculate value based on Quality over Price, they are awesome!!

However, they are for more experienced buyers because there are certain sellers there that are shady.
I would recommend aliexpress instead. They are like a more refined version of alibaba.
Sellers here are more reliable because they have been screened more throughly than in alibaba. Plus, the interface is better.

Hope this helps!!

"Someone" is always suggesting alibaba, aliexpress, dhGate, madeinchina.com, globalsources, etc., but few seem to be aware of the risks they are encouraging by getting people to go to those sites and start searching for suppliers.

As for screening, alibaba owns aliexpress and the screening they do according to their own statement is that they verify that the business is registered and the contact details are correct. As far as I can ascertain, screening on other sites is similar.

If anyone is tempted to buy overseas as if they are going to a 7/11 store they should at least check out the sourcing website for bad reviews. A good place to start is Ripoff Report | Scams, reviews, complaints, lawsuits and frauds. File a report, post your review. Consumers educating consumers. where you can search the sourcing site's name and see what happens to people who blindly go and buy products because "someone" said that is a great place to find suppliers.

Overseas buying requires special care and is nothing like buying locally. I teach how to do it safely, finding reliable suppliers who really are manufacturers, and I teach how to buy small quantities if you want to regardless of the Minimum Order Quantity the supplier says.

One lady who wrote to me recently says she "dodged the bullet", when buying from a supplier on one of the big name sourcing sites, and now that she realizes how lucky she was, she is buying my book in order to play safe next time.

If anyone wants to get some idea of what is involved may I suggest you at least have a look at my website. Or you could PM me.

As for value, when comparing quality and price, most people and indeed almost every person who buys from dropshippers would have no idea of the huge amount of profit they are missing out on by not buying direct from the factory.

On any of the big sourcing sites usually recommended, the average person would have no hope of finding out whether the supplier is really a manufacturer, although most say they are.

CupcakeAbby
03-16-2013, 07:47 AM
I got set up with Honest Green as a green product dropshipper. This was my first experience but I had so much difficulty getting my inventory page set up. They provide a .csv file but I couldn't build a site that would allow me to upload the .csv the way it was. Maybe another time I will try again.

Trudi, I had a similar problem and I hired someone for about $40 to write me a simple app that would allow me to update my stock daily. Now it only takes a few minutes every day. Sorry you had a hard time, it can be overwhelming setting up a dropshipping site!

Requill
03-17-2013, 04:30 PM
I know you have your own motives but these are my own experiences.
Every month, i spend about $500 on Aliexpress.
Nothing risky about it if you know what you are doing.

You talk as if import and buying wholesale from sites like Aliexpress are 2 different things. I disagree. There is a lot of overlap. When i buy wholesale from Aliexpress, i am importing..

I would be glad to hear the strategies you use to import but if i have to pay you for that, haha, no thanks. Good luck anyways to you.;)

experience
03-17-2013, 05:59 PM
I know you have your own motives but these are my own experiences.
Every month, i spend about $500 on Aliexpress.
Nothing risky about it if you know what you are doing.

You talk as if import and buying wholesale from sites like Aliexpress are 2 different things. I disagree. There is a lot of overlap. When i buy wholesale from Aliexpress, i am importing..

I would be glad to hear the strategies you use to import but if i have to pay you for that, haha, no thanks. Good luck anyways to you.;)

I find it interesting that you say "Nothing risky about it if you know what you are doing."

That is the big problem. So many people do not know what they are doing. One example will show what I mean. A new importer wrote to me for help after having placed an order in China and paid for the goods. Then she discovered that the freight would cost much more than the value of the goods.

I helped her out with immediate advice, but she has since bought my book and now knows how to go about the whole process of safe sourcing, locating genuine manufacturers, and handling the importing procedure easily and safely with no nasty surprises. If she had bought the book first, she would not have lost twenty times what the book cost.

She has an added bonus of buying direct from the factory rather than from wholesalers who add their margin to the factory price, and she is not buying large quantities. She will now make serious profits, much more than she could do if she was buying wholesale.

Karuli
04-04-2013, 09:46 AM
I've heard good things about Rhinomart but never used them myself. Try searching pallet wholesalers? I don't do drop shipping but have learned a bit about the subject.

experience
04-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Rhinomart sell to the public, so where is your profit margin?

See my previous posts on this thread about the casual recommendations that people might follow without sufficient research.

nvmo20
05-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Does anybody know where I can get wholesale cell phones? Or at least bulk used cell phones? I have a friend looking for this and he is asking my help.

experience
05-29-2013, 12:31 AM
I can't help you if you are looking for brand name cellphones because you will not find them legally unless they are used phones.

Even then, if you are thinking of importing them - DON'T. Importing branded goods is a recipe for disaster, even used ones.

If on the other hand you are looking for generic cellphones that are not copies of the big brands, that is easy. I would ask though, why buy from wholesalers? They only take a chunk out of your profit.

I teach how to safely locate genuine manufacturers and how to get them to supply small quantities even if they quote big MOQs. If you look on the B2B portals usually recommended on the forum you will find a big list of suppliers claiming to be manufacturers but they are not.

Importing direct from the genuine manufacturers can give you profit margins that you will find amazing.

If you need more information on why to avoid big brand products, just ask and I will post details.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1