WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New consultant here

moonncat
08-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi there!

I need a little advice on what exactly you say that will turn the conversation to Scentsy when you first meet someone?

I was watching my kids during gymnastics and another mom actually approached me. We had a short conversation about kids and such but I couldn't quite get the words together to move the conversation in the Scentsy direction.

So, what do you say?

LAscents
08-26-2012, 06:44 AM
I would not force a conversation. It likely won't land well and could end up hurting rather than helping you. Instead I would focus on listening and waiting for a natural opening. Then when the door is opened, walk right in. If other moms mention something about the cost of weekly lessons being expensive or ask what you do or mentions how gym bags stink or anything that you think you can HELP her with, then it'll go over much better.

You could casually use some of our Layers lotion or bring stickers to apply to catalogs as busy work but if you stage it or make it seem too obvious, the other moms will run the other way. Remember, you're not in this business to sell product or to recruit team members, rather you're here to serve them and to offer solutions to their problems and challenges.

moonncat
08-26-2012, 08:03 AM
I think that is such good advice! That's exactly why I failed miserably at Mary Kay...All of the "scripts" I was given for starting conversations weren't natural for me and I ended up cramming skin care into every new conversation. I scared my customers away!

Thank you so much! I shall be myself!

kainsley\
08-30-2012, 05:08 AM
Ask them what they do for a living. Let them talk for a while, then hopefully they'll ask you the same. You answer "oh, I just have a little candle business." Boom! Everyone loves candles. She'll ask more questions & you're in! Works every time!

moonncat
08-30-2012, 05:43 AM
Kristi, I Love that! little candle business :) That's perfect

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1