WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Looking to get team members

20desarae10
08-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi! I've been selling Scentsy for over a year now and I am ready to get some team members but not really sure how to go about it. I'm from a small town and the lady that I sell under also lives here so there is two right there. No one around here really wants to sell it. Im wondering how everyone else got some team members.

KissableLips
08-24-2012, 01:42 PM
I used to sell Scentsy for about 3 years. I no longer do so but I hear they have other companies affiliated. So maybe you can work one of those so its not the same as your sponsor? Let me know if you need any help. I would love to help

Tara P
08-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Maybe you can do some fairs and events in or around your area. But just talking to people with also do the trick. Good Luck.

LAscents
08-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Also, another perk is now that we have only $1 per year minimum sales needed in order to remain a consultant and remain eligible to place orders, you may be able to attract some team members with the benefit that they can order from themselves for personal use or for holiday gift buying.Our starter kit is valued 2-3x the $99 investment needed to enroll.

Don't discount the casual/personal user. I started out with the intention that I was not going to 'work this as a business' - famous last words, as I now do this full time and it's my only source of income as a single parent, But point being you never know which ones will flip to business builders once they get in.

Have you reviewed the training modules in the Training Center? There are a number of trainings listed under Business Builders that focus on sponsoring and team building.

christyvw2004
08-27-2012, 06:30 AM
My first recruit "found me" on our home page looking for a consultant! Why because the guy whom hosted her party didn't have a web page so she couldn't join his team...So I hope you are enrolled in the pws and then my next one was from doing a small local promotion. So even in my small town (2000 people) there are possibilities. Good luck.

Mrs. Green Jeans
08-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Maybe you can look into local craft shows or vendor events to network? You will definitely find new customers or team members if you network enough. My family loves that new Scentsy (or it is Velata?) fondue pot (the melting one!)

PartyGalAnne
08-28-2012, 11:01 PM
I've got 6 consultants within a 2 block radius and we are all doing fine. So having 2 of you in town means absolutely nothing. 3 years ago when I joined NO one had even heard of Scentsy. Now it's become a brand. You WANT to saturate an area because the more recognizable your product is, the better you ALL do!

Do you travel outside your area for parties? Recruit there. I will drive up to 2 hours to a party.

But most importantly when recruiting, you need to speak from the heart. Share why you love it, what it has done for you and your family, etc. That will resonate with someone, and they'll ask you more.

ThinkBig22
08-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Learn to market online. Nowadays we all literally have the entire world at our fingertips. It doesn't matter if you live in a small town in North Dakota, or New York City. The internet has leveled the playing field for everyone!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1