WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Scents to Sell a House

maddiesmama09
08-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi Ladies,
I'm a lurker here, not a consultant. Just wondering if anyone may be able to recommend a couple scentsy scents (one for my upstairs burner and one for my downstairs burner) that would be universally appealing and would make people want to buy my house that has been on the market forever. I did Coconut Lemongrass upstairs and White Sands downstairs all summer and now am ready to try something new:-)

Thanks!

cybermommy
08-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Hello:-)
Welcome to the forum !
I find My Home and Sweet Pea&Vanilla appeal to many ,distinctive and really create an impact that majority like :)

*In*2*Win*
08-16-2012, 04:37 PM
I had a house that needed something too...

My realtor told me to bake bread
Make Mulled wine (smells divine!) and tastes good too.

So maybe something that has a cinnamon/ burgandy smell?

Bonnie

imamomagain
08-16-2012, 06:25 PM
I think Welcome Home would work perfectly! Good luck with selling your house!

maddiesmama09
08-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks Ladies,
My mom just got My Home for me, and it does smell very nice, and will be good with Fall coming up. I think I'll put it upstairs and Vanilla Walnut downstairs. I don't want anything too feminine since my DH bought the house before he met me as his "bachelor pad" and a lot of things about the house are appealing to young guys who might not like anything overly sweet or flowery. Foody smells are probably good though! If I knew I had a single guy coming through maybe I could do Satin Sheets and really get his attention ;) lol.

Thanks again!

Amber Rose
08-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Hey girl! So you know you can ask me for any of these suggestions ;-) We have some new scents that would be great - and they are coming out on September 1st. Vanilla Cinnamon would be *perfect* - and so would Central Park Praline, or French Toast :) Let me know if you need anything!

<3 Amber

kainsley\
08-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Welcome Home & Sugar Cookie! Good luck!

christyvw2004
08-17-2012, 08:59 PM
I remember when we sold our house I was told to put cinnamon in my coffee...gives you that home sweet home feeling...so maybe cinnamon vanilla in the kitchen...and then I would go with a clean scent in the bedrooms...maybe clean breeze or enlighten. Good luck.

VeggieGirl84
08-19-2012, 11:40 AM
My Home, Sugar Cookie, Clean Breeze or Caramel Pear Crisp. Good luck!

Bling1
08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Hmmm, Sugar Cookie and Carmel Pear Crisp sounds good as a dessert. I am craving sweets right now. :) Is the Pear Crisp a new scent?

tlhall
08-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Yes, it is the Scent of the Month for September. It isn't actually on sale yet, but you'll be able to buy it in September for 10% off, after that it's full price. If you like food smells, you'll love it! :)

Theresa Hall--Independent Scentsy consultant
theresahall.scentsy.us (http://theresahall.scentsy.us)

Christine-LDN wickless
08-21-2012, 06:35 AM
I'm going to give another vote for Sugar Cookie. I ADORE this scent....its just divine. I also love peach a la mode and havana cabana.

13ecky
08-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Every time I melt Sugar I always get compliments on how nice my house smells. Unfortunately this is a Spring/ Summer scent that will be going away at the end of this month. Some of the new scents that are coming out that would be great choices I think are French Toast, Dulce De Leche and Frosted Ginger Cookie. Hope this helps and good luck with selling your house.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1