WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

bearbau
08-16-2012, 06:10 AM
Hi! I'm new here. I've been doing research on different direct sales companies. I've been routed to lots of websites where I see some consultants are involved in more than one(sometimes several) direct sales companies. For a person looking to make a full time career in direct sales, is this the best way to go or is focusing on one business a better plan?

Thank you for your help! :)

nv93446
08-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi! I definitely see quite a few ladies running 2 or more and I guess it depends on what your goals are. I'm a top income earner and leader in my company so that would not be professional from a leadership standpoint. Plus, it's challenging to focus on building two businesses. All top leaders build only 1 business. My two cents :) ~J

LynnAndreske
08-16-2012, 08:58 AM
HI bearbau.... I manage a Nationwide team with Tastefully Simple.

About a third of my team work with more than one company.
They have varried passions on products and enjoy the discounts.

They all have added a food line since they know everyone eats and
it has a great potential for repeat business =)

Until just recently I personally had 2 lines. I only gave it up, because
I truly had everything the other line offered and it was no longer 'fun'

If I can answer anything else for you or share info, please msg me..I'd be
happy to respond.

Lynn

bearbau
08-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Thank you both so much for responding. These are big decisions and I appreciate the different perspectives.

CrystalMK
08-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Hello. I do see that there are other women who do more than one business. For me I just do my one so that I could put all of my time and effort to it and make it grow big!

CountryGourmetHome
08-16-2012, 10:16 PM
I can tell you from a different perspective... The top leadership in our company is only involved with one company. Not because they have to be but because these are the people that have put all their efforts into making one business grow and for the most part these people have moved much faster than anyone else.

I have seen multiple lower level consultants successfully mange more than one company, so it can be done.

Make sure to read the fine print on your consultant agreement with your companies, in many cases there are restrictions for selling for other companies.

momofcbhs
08-16-2012, 10:19 PM
I am always amazed at those who do more than 1. I would rather do one well than spread myself too thin.

momofcbhs
08-16-2012, 10:20 PM
which companies are you thinking about?

erigsby
08-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Before I joined Country Gourmet Home I was selling for both a spa product company (that went out of business) and a mineral makeup company. I wasn't doing very well with either company. I had a hard time concentrating on one business and not mixing up the information. I felt really out of my element and overwhelmed. When I became pregnant I decided to leave both companies.

A few years later I decided I wanted something for myself again and began to seek out a new opportunity. I chose food because it is something that everyone needs, it's a consumable product so the opportunity for reorders is high, and if I buy product I can't sell my family can just consume it. It's a real win-win for me.

I joined Country Gourmet Home in April of 2011 and it has been a perfect fit for me. By focusing on just one company I've been able to build both my team and my client base. I'm so proud to be part of this company. The values and customer service are excellent. The owners consider the opinions and suggestions of the consultants and we are not all just another number. There is a great sense of family amongst the consultants. It's amazing to be part of something so great and it's just getting better every day!

bearbau
08-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Thank you all so much for your thoughts! I had been considering Pink Zebra along with Country Gourmet. After joining Pink Zebra first just last week, I can see it will be while before I could consider having a second business. There is so much to learn just in product knowledge and marketing alone! I am very excited to have finally begun this adventure and I have lots of plans and hope for the future. I have learned so much from this forum so THANK YOU ALL!!! :)

Lynn Dylan
08-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Interesting thread! The info could be applied to so many things. I have found myself spread thin lately and have been trying to formulate a business plan for myself to spend a certain time on one thing before moving on to something else. I think the danger of having more than one thing is losing focus on both (or all) and staying super busy but not really getting any progress made. Just my 2 cents.

Lynn Dylan

AngelaSam
08-28-2012, 05:29 PM
I've marketed online successfully for another company for over 2yrs. I chose CGH because I love the products and all the people involved with the company. I'm applying all that I learned from my other business to CGH.

For me, I find It is possible to have two business, but you have to know your goals and stay organized. Now, I wouldn't suggest starting 2 business at the same time because that would be very confusing. But, once you get the hang of one business and if you'd like to build another stream of income, then it is possible.

ThinkBig22
08-28-2012, 05:56 PM
I highly recommend only working one business. Building one business alone is challenging, let alone 2. Often times people will program jump, trying to find the nest latest and greatest business opportunity, but this is never the answer. The truth is, a good marketer will succeed no matter what business they are in.

Also, when you start to promote more than one business opportunity you lose credibility. You become that person that people say, "Oh no, what are you up to now", about.

Pick a good company and focus on just that company....just my thoughts.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1