WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Getting started?

meginsf
06-12-2006, 12:45 AM
so i want to start selling stuff on e-bay. I tied SMC but they
are so populer that it wouldn't have been werth trying for me. SO
i want to sell equestrian stuff enything from equitment to horsie gifts
and apperal. But where in the world would i find a wholesaler and drop
shipper for this kind of stuff. anyway any help is great

P.S. I posted in wholesale also

meg

in_flu_ence
06-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Do you mean selling computer equipments on ebay? I think don't just sell anything. Keep your focus. If you know gift idea well, sell it. Don't spread too much because people want confidence and confidence come with the 'knowledge' of seller to persuade a buyer to buy it from you.

Looking for a wholesaler will be better with a telephone directory. Many wholesaler do not work online since they tend to avoid fraud or for any other reason. For those drop shipper you may find online, they may probably be too saturated with many others who had found them the same way as you do.

Remember always do you research on ebay before investing on your goods. Also keep an understanding on the storage space and cost to keep them while they are on sale.

meginsf
06-12-2006, 08:40 PM
no equestrian is horse. So i'm looking for horse stuff to sell

Kevin Peterson
06-13-2006, 08:33 AM
meginsf,

Is there a local dealer or better yet a factory around where you live? Your best bet for dropshipping usually comes from someone who isn't a registered 'dropshipper'.

in_flu_ence
06-13-2006, 02:59 PM
I think dropshipper is just an internet jargon who are actually wholesaler in brick and mortar terms. I would suggest that you may liase with your local wholesaler (by your telephone directory or local papers) and be prepared with a letter of credit to set up an account with an established seller.

They may permit you to dropsale item by item with some negotiation.

meginsf
06-14-2006, 01:11 PM
well there really arn't any here as i'm in hawaii. The only factorys or
wearhouses around here or food products. and as for horse stuff
all the best english tack companies are in the uk and australia
So i guess i have to find something else for now.

Meg

kyfern
06-16-2006, 12:15 PM
We offer a free store to anybody as well as a business opportunity combined. Products have been great for my Ebay business. Wholesale prices low and they dropship.

Matt-MattsMomma
06-20-2006, 05:26 AM
Meg,

Have you tried contacting companies directly? I contacted one company and couldn't believe how easy it was to buy wholesale from them. I'd give that a try.

Buckaroo
06-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Keep in mind that most legit wholesalers will not show their wholesale
prices to the public. If you come across a business that professes to
be a "wholesaler", yet they show their "wholesale" price online, then
they are not a true wholesaler. The legit ones won't publish
their wholesale prices for the general population to view. Also,
be prepared to present a resellers number that you would have issued
from your state. Although most companies will not require it of you
unless you are purchasing from the same state, some will still require
a resellers number so they know you are legit, and not just the general
public wanting to purchase wholesale.

Otherwise, go after your passion for selling the horsey stuff and just stop horsen 'round and go for it!smileys/smiley36.gif

Tammara

<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

mousesmilitary
07-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Please visit my webpage for information on dropshipping. I purchased this same program and yes it was expensive but it's a real deal program. Once you purchase it and log in you'll see what I'm talking about. They update it all the time and personally test the drop shippers before they approve them to be on the site. You really can't go wrong. You can check with BBB.org and also http://ripoffreport.com/ to check on ANY COMPANY YOU'RE LEARY of. I seen someone mentioned MegaGoods.com ... DON'T DO IT.... Also, netdropshipper.com is the same.. no cust service and they will try to take your money and never ship anything to your customers.. Any company that claims to be a true wholesaler and doesn't ask for a tax id # is a MIDDLE MAN. Getting that tax ID cost me $10 which was spent on registering a company name here in my county.. My state (Michigan) doesn't let you file for the Sales Tax License online so it took forever. I do know that there are alot of states that let you do it online which is sooooooooo much quicker than snail mail. Then you fill out the forms for your state and they'll send you a Sales Tax License.. visit my site at http://www.mousesmilitary.com/dropship.html .. also don't hesitate to email me with any questions you might have.. Even to be sure that this company has a drop shipper for the items you want to sell.. I can look them up and tell you how many companies sell those items.. I've had my encounters with these scam artists online and I hope that I can help at least ONE person to find the TRUE dropshipper list. This will save you lot's of time and money TRUST ME!! Look forward to hearing from anyone with questions!

[email protected]

joyceb
07-10-2006, 01:01 PM
They always say when someone says, "trust me".. ....you usually shouldn't.

Avoid dropshipping, particularly when it's "expensive"

Joyceb

lifeisgolden
07-16-2006, 11:26 AM
They always say when someone says, "trust me".. ....you usually shouldn't.

Avoid dropshipping, particularly when it's "expensive"

Joyceb

smileys/smiley36.gifyep i am kinda wary of that too. I would love to get into the wholesaler business but I would prefer to specialize. Good luck in whatever you decide!smileys/smiley1.gif

mousesmilitary
07-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Don't thensmileys/smiley17.gif

Just hope you find what you're looking for without getting ripped off by all the scam artists on the internet. The company I go with has thousands of legitimate dropshippers and you won't find any bad things about them anywhere on the internet. It's the best program you can buy out there right now.I'm willing to bet it's the only one that's actually updated all the time and all the companies are tested out firsthand before they make the list. Edited by: mousesmilitary

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1