WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

SWhite109
08-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Do any of you sell online through a website? Does anyone make this their only sales method? I sold Scentsy a while ago and stopped, but due to a change in their policies I was never kicked out for a lack of sales (lol) My problem was that I eventually just ran out of leads. I don't really care for home parties, either (I know, weird if I was doing direct sales) but I was thinking of creating myself a website and simply trying to sell online. Any thoughts?

Amber Rose
08-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I do a lot of Scentsy sales online, and I use the website that Scentsy allows us to have for $10/month. I always encourage my team girls to keep their website, and also to utilize Social Media for leads :-)

If anyone wants information, you can email me at [email protected] and I'd be glad to help you get started!

~Amber

LAscents
08-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I work my Scentsy biz entirely online. There are a number of threads in here discussing this very topic. If you search in the upper right corner "Scentsy online' you'll see many of the conversations about working Scentsy online. Here's just one thread - http://www.wahm.com/forum/scentsy-124/508906-any-online-scentsy-reps.html

nv93446
08-08-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm not with Scentsy but yes, like LAScents, I run my business almost completely online too. I say almost because you're always sharing the business if it comes up offline but online is my tool and I'm the #1 leader in my company :). It's definitely achievable. ~Janette

Christine-LDN wickless
08-10-2012, 01:36 PM
I do quite a bit with Scentsy online. I was initially worried about joining because I didn't have any friends or family who could host parties and my contact list was less than 5 people practically. I have spent MASSES of time trying to build my online presence and now I'm trying to do more to fill in the blanks with approaching businesses, events, etc.

MamaJ
08-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Most of mine is online too. That was part of why I joined Scentsy, I saw my sponsor working her business online. I do parties every once in a while when I get asked and I have a few local customers but everything else is online.

heathereade
08-14-2012, 08:08 PM
thats fantastic so many of you are finding success through the internet with scentsy! I am a very new consultant from a very small area so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!! It was a sound piece of advice that led me this very forum!

cybermommy
08-16-2012, 09:25 AM
I run mine a lot online too mainly due to the fact when I started I had to go straight to cold market as family were abroad and friends weren't in my new area.
It is worth the effort and I am a big advocate of relationship marketing so use your social media in all areas ,blog,write articles and start to gradually get yourself noticed more and more .

MeltMyScent
08-30-2012, 12:39 AM
I run my business mostly online. My blog brings me in a lot of business and I also utilize social media. Online marketing can take time but have great payoff if you stick with it.

Locally I do a few basket parties here and there and drop catalogs at various places but that is about it. I prefer online marketing. I hope when all my kids are in school I might branch out and do a little more locally.

Lmmartin23
09-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Can y'all tell me where y'all advertise beside Fb?? And free places.

LAscents
09-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Direct sales isn't terribly conducive to advertising. It's about building relationships, networking and marketing. Free advertising generally produces in-kind results (not much).

Artist4Sale
11-24-2012, 08:39 AM
To me, the online aspect of my Scentsy business has helped...AFTER I have built up relationships from customers from my parties. I have been with Scentsy for 4 years and still have ppl from my very first party that go online and order re-fills or gifts. We are an Army Family and move a ton. And that part of my business has been GREAT for when we move. But I stress....it would take ALOT of marketing to get it going just online. You have to build relationships first. Another way I do online, is with recruiting :) When I first started with Scentsy, I thought the same thing. Hoping I could just put it out there and ppl would order. But that didn't work so well :) There are alot of Consultants, getting face to face to ppl and getting to know them, will win you their business! :)

Scent N More
12-15-2012, 02:22 PM
To answer if any of consultants do Scentsy strictly online? Yes! I myself do.
But it may not be the best fit for everyone. Here is are a few keys ideas when considering joining Scentsy or any home business. Do alot of research here on WAHM, ask friends/family their thoughts, and ask yourself where your strengths are. Also be open-minded. Learn from each consultant you converse with. Remember one shoe doesn't fit all. There are a few consultants that I noticed already posted here and you know who you are. That have been a great source of help to me. Thank you ladies!

Have a great day everyone and I wish each of you success!
Sherry E. ;)

homecandlebiz
01-25-2013, 06:36 PM
I run my Scentsy (http://homecandlebusiness.com) business almost exclusively online as well. I use a variety of online marketing tools to promote Home Candle Business.

What I really love about Scentsy is their willingness to let their consultants run their business. I have sold other direct sales products, and many of them *severely* limit what you are able to do to promote online. Scentsy still has standards, but they allow online marketing, and I believe they will be more successful than other direct sales businesses because of it.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1