WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Joining Silpada..

hellokitty2022
08-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi Ladies,

I seen an ad for Silpada (in a company magazine) and thinking about becoming a rep. I wanted to ask the basic questions. Is it worth the investment? How profitable is it? And how much time/effort do you put into it. Of course I know these questions are all subjective and its different for everyone. I also know if you put more time and effort you will get better results. I have a pt job currently and looking to suppliment. I also have 2 small boys so I don't have a lot of hours to put into it. Thinking maybe at least once a week. Just looking for some advice.

Thanks in advance for your help!

liz.jewels
08-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Hi there!

Congratulations on considering starting a business with one of the best companies in the party plan business! Silpada is an amazing business opportunity!

Is it worth the investment? For me, it absolutely was. I put a lot of money in at the start, and made it back in 2 months with just 5 parties.

How much do you have to work? It's really up to you. A good business does about one party a week. A great business does two or more a week. The parties themselves take about 3 hours door to door. Then add in a few hours for hostess coaching, customer care calls, and team training, and you might work 6-8 hrs a week for one party or 10-12 for two.

How profitable is it? Rules on the WAHM board preclude us from making income claims. I can share info privately on this. Just ask!

A few other things I'd share:
Your website comes with your sign-up kit - no additional fees
Silpada has amazing training - and it's all free!
No minimums! That means if one of your boys gets sick or life gets crazy and you go a month with zero parties, you remain active and you don't lose any downline reps you have recruited.

Let me know if you'd like to chat or email further. I'd be happy to share more information.