WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

DeannaAmber
07-28-2012, 03:20 PM
I LOVE Scentsy, but I've bumped into several reps that have even agreed their scents no longer last as long. I miss the days they used to last a solid 2 weeks. Seems like after 2 days I can hardly smell mine. How can we rally this? I'm even wiling to pay a little more. I really love EVERY single scent of Scentsy's.

kainsley\
07-28-2012, 08:05 PM
I hear this complaint every summer. The scents don't seem to last as long in the heat and because we have A/C and fans on creating a draft. Scentsy has guaranteed us each year that their formula has not changed.

DeannaAmber
07-29-2012, 05:31 AM
I hear this complaint every summer. The scents don't seem to last as long in the heat and because we have A/C and fans on creating a draft. Scentsy has guaranteed us each year that their formula has not changed.

I actually noticed it several months ago, but thought that I was just "used" to the scents. However, upon speaking to several Scentsy reps (not just customers), my observations were confirmed. The reps, themselves, have confided in me that they also notice the scents don't last anywhere as long.

The only reason I continue to purchase is because I love the actual scents, but I'm about to go over to Mia Bella or Partylite because these scents are just no longer holding. I mean..charge me $7 a bar if you need to, but the amount of scented oil in there seems to have been cut in half.

I even sent some to my guy's Aunt and she told him that her she couldn't smell her Scentsy after the 2nd day and that the scents are weak, so I definitely know it's not just me that notices this.

Scentsy can say whatever they want, but a lot of people are noticing this. I'd love to stay a customer and hope they resolve this issue. I'm going to find out where we can contact them to encourage them to "reformulate" their stuff since they're claiming nothing has been changed.

VeggieGirl84
07-29-2012, 05:42 AM
I've been a consultant for 3 yrs and the company has always said even back then one cube is supposed to last 6-8 hours but has the potential to last longer. If you are getting two days than that sounds great to me. Mine have consistently lasted 2-3 days (off at night) which of course is far surpassing the 6-8 hours.

DeannaAmber
07-29-2012, 05:54 AM
I've been a consultant for 3 yrs and the company has always said even back then one cube is supposed to last 6-8 hours but has the potential to last longer. If you are getting two days than that sounds great to me. Mine have consistently lasted 2-3 days (off at night) which of course is far surpassing the 6-8 hours.

You do have a point. I guess I just miss last year when they seemed to last a solid 2 weeks. I'll use just one cube a day in my warmer. I have a full size one so I was using 2 cubes per day. Well, between my 2 full size warmers and my bathroom plug-in I easily use around 2 bars per week.

LAscents
07-30-2012, 08:30 AM
This comes up every year. Scentsy hasn't changed the forumla, rather it involves anosmia - the inability to smell. Here is an excellent blog posts that explains it I can't smell anything! (http://scentsyblog.com/scentsy-blog/entryid/25.aspx)

Nicole Theresa
08-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Very interesting! I definitely think there's some truth to the whole becoming de-sensitized to the smell and no longer being able to smell it any longer! What a pity, but at least I know my guests can still enjoy it when they come over! Love Scentsy!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1