WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

brittbrat63
07-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Hello :)

I'm new both to this website and to Scentsy.

I just got my first Scentsy order in today and I can tell already I'm going to wind up being a consultant, even if for nothing else but to help support my own habit. I don't know a TON about Scentsy, or being a consultant so in a way I'm looking for someone to help me get started and swing through the ropes. I've done some research online.

My first order was placed through my ex-step-sister online (if that tells ya anything about how desperate I was for some Scentsy) and she really is the only person I know who sells. I'm not looking to turn it into a big thing, just enough for myself, a couple of friends, and a couple of family members. I'm looking for someone who's easy to get a hold of for questions, as well.

Thank you for your help!

christyvw2004
07-27-2012, 01:21 PM
brittbrat ...please give me a call or drop me a note ...Just go to my website. We are at convention right now...and great new things coming. I work fulltime Scentsy....give me a call. (not sure I should list here) Just go to my website for info.

Christine-LDN wickless
07-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Two options

1) I can hook you up with a Superstar Director ...she's one of the founding directors and is very experienced and has done extremely well with Scentsy and very accessible and helpful with questions.

2) If you don't want to be initially on a smaller team (less than 10k which is what my SSD has on her team) to get more attention...I can help you with whatever questions you may have. I'm always available for help through online and via phone no matter if there's a teeny time difference between you and I. If I'm not available to answer for questions...you can contact my SSD who would be supporting you as well (albeit not directly) and there's A LOT of support via Facebook with other consultants.

so....I think it depends on what you want for your business. Do ask loads of questions from potential sponsors. You'll be depending on them for ideas, help and inspiration. I can't tell you how many times I've been on the phone and online to my sponsor. Some consultants aren't as blessed.

Anyway...here if you want to chat about how Scentsy can work for you and how we can create the best possible support network for your success. x

Amandis95
07-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Hi brittbrat! I joined scentsy for exactly the same reason. I didn't want to give my commission to someone else, and it would be a great discount to support my habit. I figured it's $99 to join, I'll have a launch party and see how it does. If I never sell anything at least I'll have all that great stuff! Well.... Three years later here I am. Scentsy is great and there is so much new stuff on the horizon! Let me know if you have any questions!! My website is allisonwhite.scentsy.us. It has my email and phone number!

kainsley\
07-28-2012, 08:01 PM
I joined for the same reasons 5 years ago and now it's my full-time job. I couldn't be happier. I focus solely on my Scentsy Family business and would be happy to help however I can,

busynikemom
07-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post here on WAHM. I'm hoping to get to network with other Scentsy consultants. I have been a consultant for 2 years and I'm ready to really focus on the business. So, I'm hoping to get some ideas from all. My sponsor has moved. She NEVER communicates with me. I've literally been on my own for over a year. In the beginning, she was always calling. Then, after I signed up, the calls decreased and now nothing. So, I'm on my own.

Here's a question for anyone who is up there. Is there any way I could sign up under someone else? I want to find someone local that is willing to invite me to meetings or other things.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from anyone. :)

tlhall
07-30-2012, 07:39 AM
According to the P&P's there is no change of sponsorship (pg 32-- 7.4.1) unless you go inactive for 6 months and then ask to be reactivated under another sponsor. You can not purchase another starter kit, but you have to send an email to account services with the request to be reactivated and specifically ask for another sponsor.

Sorry, that's not what you probably wanted to hear. I don't have a local sponsor either and looked this up when you asked this question. I do know that there are some very sweet ladies out there who are willing to adopt consultants to their team. This is also a great place to hang around because everyone here is so helpful. I wish you luck. :)

LAscents
07-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Here's a question for anyone who is up there. Is there any way I could sign up under someone else? I want to find someone local that is willing to invite me to meetings or other things.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from anyone. :)

You would need to cancel your account and ask to restore your account after six months with the name of the new sponsor you wish to enroll with. However we're upon our busy selling season, so that's not a good option, you'll want to be apart of that fantastic craziness. Have you contacted your Director or SSD? If it's not a good fit with your immediate sponsor your upline should be able to help. Also your SSD may be able to help find a local meeting in your area that a group would be open to allowing you to participate in.

NYScents
08-13-2012, 05:41 PM
You would need to cancel your account and ask to restore your account after six months with the name of the new sponsor you wish to enroll with. However we're upon our busy selling season, so that's not a good option, you'll want to be apart of that fantastic craziness. Have you contacted your Director or SSD? If it's not a good fit with your immediate sponsor your upline should be able to help. Also your SSD may be able to help find a local meeting in your area that a group would be open to allowing you to participate in.

Great advice

kainsley\
08-14-2012, 11:26 AM
I agree with Laurie. Reach out to your Director and/or SSD & they can help you. If not, we're here also. :)

08-19-2012, 10:11 AM
I need AMAZING PEOPLE who want or need to earn extra money with very little effort....... any volunteers? You are guaranteed so much fun that you wouldn't call it work!!! HELP ME MAKE DIRECTOR; and I will help you and be a great leader!!! It's $99 to join and you get the BONUS KIT. Two Kits for the price of ONE!! [email protected]

08-19-2012, 10:13 AM
http://s16.postimage.org/3xj8cipyd/double_kit.jpg (http://postimage.org/) free image hosting (http://postimage.org/)
I need AMAZING PEOPLE who want or need to earn extra money with very little effort....... any volunteers? You are guaranteed so much fun that you wouldn't call it work!!! HELP ME MAKE DIRECTOR; and I will help you and be a great leader!!! It's $99 to join and you get the BONUS KIT. Two Kits for the price of ONE!! www.beckykruse.scentsy.us/join

kainsley\
08-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Your post is against the forum rules & also untrue. You don't get 2 kits. You get a few extra testers & a pack of catalogs.

13ecky
08-22-2012, 07:28 AM
I suggest finding someone local that you mesh well with and who doesn't mind really helping you get started. I signed up under someone in another state and although she is always there to answer any questions, I still am all by myself out here fighting against a ton of competition. There is just something to be said about someone being there for your first party or someone close by willing to let you borrow some displays or stock.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1