WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Talkbean.com

dawnlvn4jc
07-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Another site I just found online. Anyone heard of it? I found one thread on here but no info was written about it. How does it pay? Do you need to make your own lessons plans? Thanks for any info you have for me!
Dawn

djunamod
07-26-2012, 04:36 AM
The name is familiar to me but I'm afraid I can't offer much information. From what I recall, they are more of a tutor/student marketplace - that is, tutors post profiles on their site and students choose who they want to work with. So it's not like they assign you students. I might be wrong on that, though.

I don't know what the pay is but a Google search popped up an old ad (from 2010) which listed $12-$17 an hour as pay (but I'm guessing the high range is for those who have teaching experience, a TESOL certification, proven track record, etc., so it's probably more realistically going to be in the lower range). I don't know if that's true today, though. I know tutoring companies that have offered higher pay in the past but lower their rates, so it might be lower now.

Djuna