WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Speakle.com

dawnlvn4jc
07-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Anyone work for Speakle.com? I just found it searching Google. I am currently unemployed and am looking for online tutoring jobs. I need to know if Speakle.com is where you connect with non English speakers and you correct grammar usage and such. Or if this is a school tutoring job. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

dawnlvn4jc
07-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Since I posted this I have been researching this company. I wanted to post to let you all know what I have learned. it looks like this is a new company. They have a Facebook page and they joined fb in June. I sent off an email to them asking some questions. I will post again when I get a response!

djunamod
07-26-2012, 04:12 AM
Thanks, Dawn - keep us posted!

Djuna

dawnlvn4jc
07-26-2012, 02:19 PM
This is my response to my email... Additionally while I was looking on the join site, it looks like there is a fee for tutors however in the response they say it is free.

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your interest in Speakle.
Speakle is an online language community that allows students to choose and hire their perfect teacher. Students and teachers from around the world sign up and create a profile at Speakle (speakle | Bringing students and teachers together (http://www.speakle.com)), and then Speakle’s unique algorithm matches students and teachers based on their learning needs, their personalities, lifestyles, interests, professions, and experiences. We have attached our Quickstart Guide for Teachers to this email, which will help you to get started.
Re. Your questions: You can set your own rate and plan your lessons based on the needs of the student. You need no special software, and the only hardware you need are a webcam, a microphone, and headphones or speakers. We do pay via Paypal, and you will get paid as you generate sufficient revenues to withdraw from your account at Speakle. Unfortunately we cannot give you an answer as to when you might start giving lessons, or when our users are most likely to be online. The good news is that it is completely free to register and create a profile on Speakle, so it will cost you nothing, even if it takes days or weeks for our students to contact you.
Thanks and Regards,
The Speakle Team

djunamod
07-27-2012, 12:59 AM
It looks like it's a freelance tutoring kind of thing where tutors post their profiles, make it as marketable as possible, and hope that they get chosen out of many profiles on the site (as opposed to being given students). It sounds like it won't be steady work, though it's nice that you can chose your rate. I've seen some sites where you can't even do that.

Djuna