WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

AstralJessica
07-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Hello,

I'm considering working for Oranum and have used the search button and they have good info but all of seems to be a little out of date. I have to still get the hardwired connection to the router I have at my house (which I can solve that problem by buying an extra long Ethernet cord) before I contact them to schedule a test reading and do the technical internet test. I have read the training materials and they say that the first 14 days you work at 99 cents per minute--which isn't what I'm asking about--They said I would have to get to a minimum of $100 during those 14 times I log on and have a minimum of 10 positive customer feedbacks. My question is this: Is that even possible (meeting your $100 mark, etc.) in your first 14 days of logging on?? And what about when you raise prices? I am thinking of charging $3.99 per minute once I get past my first 14 days. What will that mean in terms of business? What is the average amount people charge? I've been doing tarot and rune readings since December 1999.

I have already setup my place of business. My profile pic shows what it looks like.

Thanks in advance!!!:D

Pink Widow
07-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Hello Astral Jessica

Yes it is very possible. I joined Oranum in March of this year and hit my $100.00 mark in just a few hours of working. The 10 positive feedback is also reasonable. I think by the time my 2 week mark rolled around I had 30 or 35 positive feedbacks.

I will warn you however, this was back in March and at the time I joined there were roughly 500 readers on Oranum. Oranum has been on a massive hiring spree since and I think the last time i looked they had over 1700 readers. I have noticed that traffic has been on the decline lately. I am not sure if this is just a summer lull or if it is due to Oranum oversaturating its site with readers.

As far as raising your rates, that is something you will just have to try out and see if it works. I think the average reader charges $1.99/minute - at least that is how it seems when you take a cursory look at the readers. There are those that charge much more, but I am not sure how that impacts their income. You can always change your rate if the $3.99 doesnt work well for you.

So of course your mileage may vary ....

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

AstralJessica
07-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Hello Astral Jessica

Yes it is very possible. I joined Oranum in March of this year and hit my $100.00 mark in just a few hours of working. The 10 positive feedback is also reasonable. I think by the time my 2 week mark rolled around I had 30 or 35 positive feedbacks.

I will warn you however, this was back in March and at the time I joined there were roughly 500 readers on Oranum. Oranum has been on a massive hiring spree since and I think the last time i looked they had over 1700 readers. I have noticed that traffic has been on the decline lately. I am not sure if this is just a summer lull or if it is due to Oranum oversaturating its site with readers.

As far as raising your rates, that is something you will just have to try out and see if it works. I think the average reader charges $1.99/minute - at least that is how it seems when you take a cursory look at the readers. There are those that charge much more, but I am not sure how that impacts their income. You can always change your rate if the $3.99 doesnt work well for you.

So of course your mileage may vary ....

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Thank you for the information! One more question: When you first started out at the 99 cent per minute level, how busy were you? (meaning how many minutes out of an hour each hour were you busy doing a reading and how long did each reading last?)

Thanks again!!!

Rosella777
07-23-2012, 09:07 PM
I have many who work with Oranum that are making very good daily . If you are a people person good with talking ,taking control with your room , have your back ground that is showing looking good you will succeed . Once you work and customers have known you better with what readings you do then you can go up on the amount to make more. They pay on time as well. They are always advertising to bring in the customers to help you more . If you will check out my site for more info if needed.
Psychic Employment Make Money From Home ! (http://wecanhireyou.com/Referal17.html)

God Bless and wishing you much joy and happiness.

Pink Widow
07-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Humm...difficult to say.

In the beginning I was keeping track of the amount I made each day and I would say I averaged $60-$80 a day. I never worked more than 4-5 hours a day and usually 5 days a week.

The .99 cents a minute will really draw in clients due to the low price, then it is up to you to make them regulars - in other words, if you give great readings you are going to build up your repeat client base and most of those clients won't really care what you charge per reading. This is where your money will come from.

There are always new clients but as you raise your prices they won't seek you out as often...of course this is where your positive feedback comes into play and your rating (1-5 stars).

While I agree that Oranum has been amazing when it comes to advertising, I think they have slacked off a bit this summer. The whole site has been super slow over that last several weeks. There are also numerous glitches that occur on the site that are frustrating both the readers and the clients ( such as clients who are members being unable to log in under their member name or trying to purchase credits and the system giving them an error message) usually these issues have been addressed quickly, but lately - not so much.

We have typically received a dashboard message concerrning changes and updates and things that are new at Oranum usually at least once a week since I started with Oranum. It has been over a month since I have gotten any sort of an update from the powers that be at Oranum...so I am cautiously waiting to see what is going to happen.

AstralJessica
07-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks so much! Do you know what the test reading is like??? All I have to do is get a hard wired Ethernet connection (which will happen tomorrow at the latest) and I will be ready to contact Oranum admin to schedule my test reading.

Pink Widow
07-24-2012, 08:05 PM
The test reading is testing your skills, abilities and also (I believe) your ability to make the client feel comfortable with you and want to come back for more. Your trainer usually gives you the test reading and you can use any tool you would normally use such as tarot, astrology etc. or you don't have to use any tools at all and just give a cold reading. My advice is to treat the reading as you would any other "real" client.

When they have heard enough they will stop the reading (if I recall my test lasted 10-15 minutes? I think?) And they will tell you whether or not you did a good job and if you they will allow you to go live.

You will be on cam when you do the testing, and they make sure your computer and internet are working and compatable with their platform, by running some diagnostics prior to the reading and then they evaluate the quality of your cam feed throughout the reading.

All-in-all it is very easy - as long as you have experience as a psychic and are accurate and confident in your abilities.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1