WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : No Answers

brendalee533
07-18-2012, 03:21 PM
I have been emailing all my local reps from my area. All 5 have not responded. Do I have to sign up with them. I really want more information first. Thanks

mommamomma
07-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I signed up under someone from another state. If you want, you can sign up under me. :) It's a great product and very easy to sell.

tlhall
07-18-2012, 04:41 PM
I have been emailing all my local reps from my area. All 5 have not responded. Do I have to sign up with them. I really want more information first. Thanks

I don't mind answering any questions you might have. If I don't have the answer, I can always find out for you. :) Just send me a PM if you'd like. I am not looking to recruit anyone at this time, though. I just signed up in February and I am still trying to get things going for myself. But I'm always willing to help out. :)

Theresa Hall--Independent Scentsy Consultant

kainsley\
07-18-2012, 04:56 PM
You can sign up under anyone you want. I recommend talking to several people & finding who you click with. I have team members in all 50 states & all the other regions & we communicate constantly via phone, email, text, FB, just not usually in person. :) So, it's doable. Talk to the ladies here & go for it! Good luck in your search!

kainsley\
07-18-2012, 04:58 PM
BTW Theresa, don't wait too late to start recruiting. Building a team now can ensure even bigger success in the strong fall season. Lean on your Director & SuperStar Director for support as needed.

tlhall
07-18-2012, 05:33 PM
BTW Theresa, don't wait too late to start recruiting. Building a team now can ensure even bigger success in the strong fall season. Lean on your Director & SuperStar Director for support as needed.

Well, I wanted to join and didn't know anyone so I went to the website of a lady who left some catalogs in the teacher's lounge at my school. I went to it and just signed up. Shortly after I signed up, I noticed that the name on my workstation was someone else. I checked out the website of the director listed but she has nothing on there about herself. So, basically, I don't have a director. I've never been contacted by anyone. I'm just flying solo. lol!
Theresa

kainsley\
07-19-2012, 08:25 AM
You should be able to email your Director from your workstation by clicking her name. If you don't get a response from her, reach out to your SuperStar Director who should also be listed in your workstation. If that still doesn't work, PM me & I'll help you.

tlhall
07-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Thank you, Kristi. I do have a director listed in my workstation. She's also listed as my sponsor. I do not have a superstar director listed. I will try to email her and see if I get a reply. It would be nice to get in on some group emails, calls, or something. Anything! lol! I'll PM you and let you what I find out. Thanks again. I really appreciate it. :)

christyvw2004
07-19-2012, 09:50 PM
I have found lots of help on the forum and this site. I am in MN and am over 3 hrs from my sponsor so dont make it to any of her meetings. I have made a couple of friends locally and we try and bounce ideas off each other. Looking so forward to convention next week also.

tlhall
07-20-2012, 08:41 PM
I have found lots of help on the forum and this site. I am in MN and am over 3 hrs from my sponsor so dont make it to any of her meetings. I have made a couple of friends locally and we try and bounce ideas off each other. Looking so forward to convention next week also.

You are so lucky, Christy! I am not going to conference but wish I was. Maybe next year. :)

Christine-LDN wickless
07-22-2012, 12:55 PM
There's a lot of FB groups that provide support. Unfortunately there are some really rubbish directors out there...but there's a lot of Scentsy sisters and brothers willing to help if you just ask.

x

tlhall
07-22-2012, 01:48 PM
I have heard that there are some FB groups but I've never searched for any. I have visited the consultant forum but am finding that it is not always easy for me to participate. I read a lot on there and get forms others have shared. I did email my director and she doesn't have a FB page. The SSD does but she hasn't contacted me back. Of course, convention is next week and I can only imagine how busy people are right now. I will try again after next week. :)
Theresa

ScentingChicago
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
I understand how you feel tlhall! My sponsor works full time and goes to school full time and I totally understand she's busy, I just wish I would have signed up under someone who maybe does it full time? I dont know, i just know that I haven't the slightest clue how to hold a party and having a heck of a time learning what to do!

OP-- I hope you found someone to sign up under! Its too bad we can't use the Scentsy forums before we sign up, and pick a sponsor that way, lol.

tlhall
07-23-2012, 05:19 PM
I understand how you feel tlhall! My sponsor works full time and goes to school full time and I totally understand she's busy, I just wish I would have signed up under someone who maybe does it full time? I dont know, i just know that I haven't the slightest clue how to hold a party and having a heck of a time learning what to do!

OP-- I hope you found someone to sign up under! Its too bad we can't use the Scentsy forums before we sign up, and pick a sponsor that way, lol.

I've been fortunate to have the summer off from work (I'm a teacher) and I worked really hard at getting my business going. I only do basket/catalog parties. I organized all of my stuff and printed out everything I needed for my hostesses. It took a lot of planning but now that it's done, I'm good to go. If you need copies of anything, let me know. I am happy to share with you. I can't help much with home parties, though. I'm sure someone else would be happy to offer advice on that. :) Good luck to you. It takes time, but you'll get there!

Theresa

christyvw2004
07-23-2012, 07:29 PM
AGierald I would suggest you go to the training center on your workstation. Their is so much great stuff there. Also if you can make it to any of the tues morning meetings those gals are very helpful. Myself I have even listened to some of the training more then once (sometimes I forget stuff :) ). I have also found some great things on the forum. Not sure where your located but you can always pm me if I can be of any help.
This week will be crazy with convention....yes I am going....and all the new stuff I am sure will be reviewed....but please dont hesitate to ask. I have always had pretty good luck on this forum also.

kainsley\
07-24-2012, 09:01 AM

If your sponsor isn't helpful, reach out to your Director, then SuperStar Director for assistance. This group is very helpful also.

ScentingChicago
07-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks guys. I wouldn't say she's not helpful, i know she's busy! She said she does mostly basket parties, and I will probably be doing more of those in the school year months when my mother in law goes back to work (she's a secretary at an elementary school that pays the best in almost all the areas around here, these people buy HUNDREDS in avon each campaign, lol, she knows people will definitely buy scentsy!)..

my main problem with home parties is where do i get all the stuff to demonstrate? I really can't afford to buy a bunch of things yet, I just can't do it financially. I have a total of 2 boxes, lol - 1 warmer box and actually 2 buddy boxes.

I have visited the training center, i try to get through something every day, but my laptop has bad sound quality and i have less than perfect hearing and children screaming for no reason, so its a little slower than I would like!

Christine-LDN wickless
07-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Hang in there. If you need anything or someone to chat to...email me on [email protected] and we can connect on FB and I can see what I can about providing any support I can. x

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1