WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : A question

ashleygm814
07-07-2012, 11:09 AM
My friend and I are thinking of becoming Scentsy reps. We are both in a bad place financially right now. Is there anyway of hosting a party to earn the $99 starter kit? Thanks,

LAscents
07-07-2012, 12:05 PM
We don't have an option to earn your kit and it's prohibited from offering any recruiting specials to join. One option some do is work with a consultant ahead of time as a hostess but then before the party is entered, you could enroll as a consultant and take the party. This is a somewhat common practice for those hosts who know they want to sign up. We get paid on the 10th of each month, so you could have your commission check in time to pay your credit card bill that you used to pay for your kit.

christyvw2004
07-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Ashley I have did what Lori suggest for a couple of gals. The thing to do is to make sure you can commit the time also to make your new business successful. Maybe the two of you can work out a schedule that works for both of you.

Tara P
07-08-2012, 08:05 PM
I offer my hostesses the option of having a "decider party". It seems to work out very well. Hope it works out well for you.

cybermommy
07-09-2012, 04:06 AM
What you can do is have a party flipped for you Ashley...I ran this by Orville last year at convention after a friend who is a fellow consultant had the idea.
You host a party with a consultant and then at the end of the evening you have your party totals etc...now instead of the consultant putting that party through what would happen is you join Scentsy yourself(does require that investment) and put the party through as your first order...it enables you to get commission back the following month offsetting that initial outlay somewhat.

The consultant you go with I would say would be your potentiaol sponsor so she loses that party commissions but she gains a new team member which is beneficial for you both,
I have done this once for one of my team and glad I did as she now is able to work from home and be with her son.

First step would be to find a consultant in your area to connect with :)

It is allowed as checked with Orville himself on it ;)

Christine-LDN wickless
07-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Kara is right....you can have the party flipped and do it that way.

I've got some people who are saving their pennies in the corner in a big jar which might be an idea. Two of them are already 1/2 way there to getting their starter fee. It may take a bit longer to join but you'll get there. x

MamaJ
07-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Having a party like the others have talked about it a great way to do it. Either way the party is going to be fun and you can see how things go :)

kainsley\
07-18-2012, 11:02 AM
I turn every party I do into a decider party & the hostess joins almost every time. :) You can enter the order right after you join & possibly have your commission before your credit card bill arrives.

tlhall
07-18-2012, 12:16 PM
My friend and I are thinking of becoming Scentsy reps. We are both in a bad place financially right now. Is there anyway of hosting a party to earn the $99 starter kit? Thanks,

Also, if you do get started by hosting a party, please remember that you don't have to have any stock at all other than what come in the kit. They really do give you everything you need. If you need to host basket parties, split up the testers and get your bags from a dollar store. This is the easiest business to make money at (believe me, I've tried many!) but it's also addictive. You can get caught up in wanting one of everything but resist it. Don't feel you have to do Scent of the Month or anything else. Ask if someone (your sponsor) will let you buy a bar and use that for your samples. This is a great company. I think you will both be happy that you joined. Good luck to you!

Theresa Hall--Independent Scentsy Consultant

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1