WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

beccaw
07-03-2012, 10:51 PM
hello! i am looking for suggestions from others in the industry about which sites are good to apply with/work for. i have been doing readings for family and freinds since i learned how to read the cards in 1998. last fall i began doing readings in a metaphysical shop 1 day a week. i really enjoy it, and decided to try doing online readings too. i tried keen but my experience was frustrating due to their bidding set up(my bids were being used up but i was not getting phone calls!). i'd like to give it another try but am not sure which companies are reputable and might have systems that are more "psychic freindly". any suggestions?

TarotGuy
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi BeccaW,

Keen can be a little frustrating if you are not familiar with the bidding system. I would try not to bid more than half of what your actual earnings are per minute. In other words if you make $1 p/minute on Keen then I would not bid more than $0.50. There are exceptions to this of course but this will give you more of a safety margin IMO. Then you need to pay attention to the "Qualified Clicks" (QC's) . In this example for every 2 QC's you are spending $1 and ideally you want to make sure that for every two QC's you get a least 1 call coming through. If you find for instance that you are getting lots of QC's but no calls which then chews up all your advertising costs then this tends to mean one of two things:

(1) Your listing profile page itself is not strong enough. Try to include clear calls to action throughout the text to encourage people to call you. Relevant images and photos also help too. I would take a look at other reader's pages who have a lot of recent feedback and therefore who are getting regular calls to get some ideas.

(2) You may be on the first page (unlikely if you are bidding $0.50) but in my experience unless you have an EXTREMELY STRONG and well tested profile page you end up with a lot of junk clicks when you are on page 1. Personally, I prefer to be on page 2 and have found that although there are less clicks than on page 1, nevertheless there are fewer junk clicks and those that do click tend to then call me for a reading.

Keep in mind though that Keen is no longer the site it once was. Corporate greed and mismanagement have ultimately led to it's downfall and it is much less trafficked now than other sites. By all means if you would like some suggestions for places to work then please do PM here.

Best of luck.

OOnaOwl
07-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Here is a list of psychic hotlines to work for. It is NOT a comprehensive list, nor do I have information about each of the companies. I have been on the hunt for good ones to work for, and this is the list I have amassed thus far:
california psychics
hollywood psychics
ask a psychic
psychic source
circle of stars
bitwine
oranum
liveperson
keen
lifereadings
asknow
psychic access