WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

therealchampion
06-28-2012, 11:56 AM
What are your experiences about the best sites to sign up with?

lorah
06-29-2012, 06:18 AM
I gave stock photography a try and gave up on it. I could never get anything approved. Not sure what their specifics are for approving certain photos and they aren't very clear when they send the rejection email. Wasn't really worth my time. There is a sticky thread at the top of the forum with links to different sites others have tried.

TommyH
06-29-2012, 07:03 AM
To make good money from stock/microstock you have to have a large library of photos talking 1k. Like Lorah said its hard to get approved and some sites don't tell you want was wrong or why they rejected a photo.

It does help you in taking photos as once you start getting accepted more then you know you have great quality photos. Best bet at that time is to hook up with local designers and have them use your photos.

gyenayme
07-13-2012, 02:51 PM
I earn income from stock websites. The best one that works for me is shutterstock.com

They approve a lot of the stuff and when they don't they explain what needs to be fixed. I have almost 200 images on there and I get about $50 per month. I need to add more, but it sure works for a long term income. My images are purchased everyday :)

Hope this helped.

AndrewW
07-13-2012, 04:20 PM
I earn income from stock websites. The best one that works for me is shutterstock.com

Well, that would be microstock rather then stock.

lorah
07-14-2012, 05:06 AM
Can you explain the difference Andrew? I've always wondered.

AndrewW
07-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Can you explain the difference Andrew? I've always wondered.

See this thread:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/wahms-photography-design-arts-328/610492-stock-photography-agencies.html

MamaJ
07-17-2012, 10:25 AM
It is something I have always wanted to do but never have been able to get into it much.

Gobza10102
07-19-2012, 10:33 AM
In order to make money from stock photography and to get your images approved, you need to have a professional camera. Shoot in RAW images, and always make sure to zoom in to 100% to check to focus of every image before you submit it.

Perfect Gifts
07-19-2012, 11:54 AM
I've been involved with microstock for about seven years. You won't get rich but the extra spending money is nice. I have photos and footage at many agencies. Some shots sell great on one site and not at all on others so get as many agencies as you have time for.

lareitman
09-03-2012, 01:53 PM
I have done it a little, but don't really make a lot. If you are taking pictures every day and you can submit a portfolio of shots, it can be worth it...There are some books out there that will tell you where you can submit shots to be considered for a calendar, postcards etc. That may be a better way to go if you are looking to earn money from photography

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1