WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Okay...I'm looking for a sponsor

Atlantic
06-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Hi ladies, I've decided to make the jump in. One of the reasons I decided to join is because when I wanted to make my own purchase, I didnt know any consultants. So, I'm looking for a sponsor. If you are interested in sponsoring me, I'd love to hear why! Here are some of my questions...

How many team members do you have?
How and how often do you communicate with your team?
How do you train (aside from the standard stuff Scentsy offers). I'm particularly interested in learning to build an online business with web-based clientele.
How does your team network and learn from each other?
How do you best work your own business?
What else should I be asking?

Although my intention is to be involved casually right now, it's very important to me to choose the right team should I choose to be more aggressive later on (perhaps when my twins are a bit older!).

Thanks so much!! Feel free to message me. Phone is tough right now chasing around a two year old and two needy two month olds!

Thanks!

kainsley\
06-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Sending you a PM. I'd love to work with you. :)

LAscents
06-17-2012, 07:09 AM
How many team members do you have?
**Number of team members isn’t an accurate measure. Some of us have thousands, some hundreds and some far less. Now that we have $1 minimum per year we have a greater number of personal users who may not give an accurate picture to the size of the team. Also team numbers are a collaborative effort contributed by all members. Number of frontline consultants, those you personally sponsored or who rolled up to you, will give a better picture of how actively you’re working your business. (walking the talk).

How and how often do you communicate with your team?
**Daily via Facebook and as needed with individuals via phone or email, generally getting back with them within 4 hours or less.

How do you train (aside from the standard stuff Scentsy offers). I'm particularly interested in learning to build an online business with web-based clientele.
**Scentsy’s Training Center and Resources section are comprehensive and extensive. They’ve given us all the tools we need to operate a successful business. It’s an underutilized resource. In addition to the standard Scentsy stuff, since I work my biz entirely online, that is a subject we talk about quite a bit within our group page, offering tips and suggestions how to increase your visibility online.

How does your team network and learn from each other?
**We are spread out across the country, Canada and Europe so the majority of our networking is one via Facebook, though we do have smaller clusters across the nation who meet face to face periodically.

How do you best work your own business?
** Not sure I’m clear on what you’re looking for here. As stated above, I work an online business, so my day is spent talking with potential recruits via email or phone, informing, training and mentoring current consultants and working my own business daily and consistently to ensure a steady flow of traffic to my websites. Consistency is the key, coupled with an attitude of Failure Is Not an Option.

What else should I be asking?
**What is important to you in a sponsor? I would ask how accessible your sponsor is? How quickly can you expect to hear back from him/her if you have a question? If you’re an email person, how often does the sponsor check email? If you prefer the telephone, is your sponsor a ‘phone person’. I would also want to know the makeup of the team – is it mostly personal users or has the sponsor promoted out other directors and have others who are progressing through the ranks building their businesses within the team – indicating there is growth and a mindset of running your business like a business. How is the knowledge base of the sponsor? If the sponsor can’t answer your questions, is the sponsor’s upline accessible?

Lexilou
06-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Very well said LAScents!

Atlantic
06-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Thank you, LA. You're right, I did mean frontline!

Atlantic
06-19-2012, 06:49 PM
thank you so much to all for your answers to my questions. I think (hope) I found a sponsor who I clicked with and am excited for my kit to arrive! Continued good luck with all of your businesses!

MrsSlowpoke
06-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Good luck in your business!! It's important to work with a sponsor with whom you click and trust! You were very wise to do your research!

Christine-LDN wickless
06-23-2012, 11:43 AM
glad you found someone. x

cybermommy
06-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Glad you found your fit...enjoy your journey :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1