WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Freelancing
06-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Connections Academy (https://www3.ultirecruit.com/CON1019/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*C7561742E8F473CA) is hiring for a work from home Physical Education/Health Adjunct Teacher.

djunamod
06-18-2012, 10:45 AM
I did a quick search on their website and it looks like they have other home-based openings. If I'm not mistaken, though, you do need to have a current K-12 teaching certificate (not sure for what state, though).

Djuna

Freelancing
06-20-2012, 03:31 AM
I did a quick search on their website and it looks like they have other home-based openings. If I'm not mistaken, though, you do need to have a current K-12 teaching certificate (not sure for what state, though).

Djuna

They do have several other home-based openings for different subjects. It says the certification can be in any state.

MelindaJ
06-25-2012, 08:29 AM
have worked as a tutor for over three years and I do not have a teaching certificate. I have a B.A. in psychology and that obviously does not qualify me for these online teaching positions. I wanted to know if anyone knows if you can get a teachers certificate through an online program because I would really like to teach online.

djunamod
06-28-2012, 05:21 AM
Melinda, I asked the same question elsewhere and was told that even with an online teaching certification program (which there are available, you just need to do a Google search), you would still need to do some kind of teaching practicum on ground. That's out for me, as I can think of nothing more horrifying than entering a K-12 classroom :D.

Djuna

eduk8
09-02-2012, 07:01 PM
I have applied for jobs here for several years and have yet to hear ANYTHING! I even attended one of their informational meetings which was suppossed to help get you a job. I have over 22 years teaching experience, nine in virtual education and have even worked with a school division superintendent at developing and creating an online school. They never remove old job postings (learned this in info meeting) so it looks as if there are lots of jobs available. Prospective teachers in meeting seemed to have same problems with trying to get a job with them............I dont know if I am overqualified or what?

Anyone else run across these problems?

dawnlvn4jc
09-04-2012, 09:57 AM
I have applied to 3 positions this summer with Connections Academy, 2 of which have been "Reviewed." No email or phone call has been sent to me. I live in MN and I am also state certified. I have only applied to MN jobs they have posted. This is a real company, the problem is there are more teachers out of jobs than there are jobs available. I haven't been able to teach in 4 years. I went overseas to teach and when I came home, haven't been able to get my own classroom. I have been told by some administrators at schools i have applied to that I am competing with over 300 people. I am sure it is way more than that for Virtual Jobs! Don't let that stop you from trying though!!!

Dawn