WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Sunset photos

workathomeinfo
06-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi!

I have been taking pictures of our beautiful Arizona sunsets for over a year now. many people have said I should enter them in contests or make a calendar. I don't really think I could sell calendars.
however, can someone tell me who you think would have interest in my sunsets?

thanks!

TommyH
06-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Calendars are a tough sale. If you can make your own or get a great price on a calendar printed for you then it might be good. Problem with the calendars is they use stock photos from microstock sites, buy in bulk so they have very low cost so they can sell for like 3-5 dollars. Hard to compete with that when you have 3-5 just in having it made when you order only 50-100.

I would target locals for your prints. Maybe framed artwork, canvas wraps, etc. Try to get them hung in local shops, galleries, etc. so they will be seen by others. Contests are great for exposure as well I am sure you could find some local ones to enter.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1