WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Psychic Source Pay?

Emeraldgreen21
06-03-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm looking to add another egg to my basket and have been reading up about Psychic Source. I've heard that it's a good company, and also that it's fairly hard to get in (two, sometimes three, test readings etc) What I can't seem to find out is how much of a cut the reader gets out of his or her per-minute rate. Can anyone who works there give me an idea so I'd be able to work out if it'll be worth applying? I'd really appreciate any information, because I've scoured the Net and I've come up empty on this one. :confused:

DougC
06-03-2012, 04:33 PM
If a psychic site does not inform you upfront on their website in the terms and conditions or somewhere, well, BOHICA. From what I have read in this forum, they pay you 35 to 41 cents per minute with some kind of hoky bonus system that may pay up to 49 cents a minute. They charge $4.99, $5.99 what ever but your pay still stays the same. I have hired some psychics from there and ouch, the horror stories I have heard, hard to believe they are still in business. No one deserves to be treated the way they treat psychics (from what I have heard).

Emeraldgreen21
06-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi there DougC

Thanks for the heads up on that one. I don't want to go through all that just to earn cents for the dollars they charge per minute. I'm sure there are far more reputable and fair companies out there.

coachkat
06-10-2012, 08:06 AM
My experience with PsychicSource was a really good one. Their pay is on a sliding scale and the more minutes you talk throughout the week, the higher your pay per minute goes. It encourages you to stick to your schedule. I always got treated really well and paid on time every week. By the end of the week, I would end up at a much higher per minute rate because of the minutes I put in during the week. Much higher than $.40/minute.

Their bonus weekends were not "hokey" programs, they were real and I would make a good $2.00/minute if I was to work a weekend and get 10 - 20 hours of log time in for the bonus weekend. It was usually on those weekends when they expected a high volume of calls/chats.

There are other services out there that you can get paid 30% or 50% or 75% of the per minute rate that is set, however, you have to do all your promoting of your line to even get calls. PsychicSource is a premium phone line and they do all the marketing and promotions for you and all you have to do is answer the phone and do your readings. I've worked both ends and it just depends on what you prefer in who handles the marketing and promotion.

There are always pros and cons to each psychic line and those are some.

I'm not sure I'd trust the owners of other psychic lines who compete with who you are trying to get advice about. I would go with those people out there on the forum who have actually worked at the places you are asking about.

DougC
06-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the clarification "kat" but your high pay of $2.00 per minute was on a bonus weekend when you had to work slave hours to get it, don't make people think that is what they always make, you know very well it is in the neighborhood of 40 cents per minute. As for not believing the owners of other psychic lines (I assume you are speaking of me) everyone can see exactly what they will make, view the contract and know everything expected of them just by visiting our employment website. Psychic Access - Employment (http://psychicaccess.com/employment/)
The main difference between my site and the others is we are not a "Sweat Shop" and we are every bit as busy as the larger sites too. We do all the promoting of our psychics at no cost to the,m All they need do is show up to do readings, we take care of everything else. Our psychics also get free technical support for the PC's too, something no other psychic site provides.

coachkat
06-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Hmmm...why did I expect this? I've read some of this guys other posts and he seems to get very defensive, another warning sign peeps. Just research, research, research your opportunities and discover the facts for yourselves.

PsychicSource, during the interview process, sends you a printed sliding scale pay rate sheet that you can agree to or not. They aren't hiding anything. They have been around for over 20 years, you can research that, too.

Best word of advice, do your research, check the facts and then follow your own intuition. There is nothing wrong with going through the interview process to find out if ANY psychic line out there is a good fit for you.

And, yes, even on off weekends, I could make $300 - $500 in a weekend with it not being a bonus weekend. That's what the sliding scale does for you. I don't see that as a sweat shop. Psychicsource is a business and just like any other business, they follow a business model which keeps them in business.

TarotGuy
07-09-2012, 10:13 AM
I was aghast actually when I applied to Psychic Source. It was a complete waste of time to even go through the interview process. After being accepted after my first interview I was told they wanted to put me on their "highest" initial pay rate. Clients would be paying around $5.40 to speak with me. I was thinking that if the take home was around 50% then earning $2.20 p/minute was ok. I was then told that out of this $5.40 p/minute I would make, as Doug mentioned above $0.40 p/minute! That's actually a 7% pay-out to the psychic! So the company takes 93% of the earnings. When I mentioned this to them the reply was, "Well, yes, you see we do have to pay for the advertising and other running costs". My advice, they should just hire monkeys to do readings there so long as they have enough left over after their advertising costs to afford the bananas as pay! Of course they are entitled to run their business as they choose fit and I have heard good things too about the quality of the readings and readers on Psychic Source and from readers there that the traffic is good. But personally this kind of renumeration in this business is exploitative to me. That's just my personal opinion and others are free to agree or disagree.

psychic reader
08-20-2012, 01:17 AM
I found Psychic Access questions for hiring psychics to be extremely invasive. One of the questions
4) What are your top two personal development needs? How are you addressing them?

I have worked for Swiss banks on California Street in San Francisco.This bank required a minimum of 1 million to open an account, I had access to extremely sensitive information, and never was I asked a question that invasive.

There are many sites that pay 50% cash out, and 60% without all the extremely invasive questions. I mean the type of questions that Psychic Access was asking I expected to see an interface as progressive as Oranum. It takes time to build a customer base with any site, I saw register for free with Bitwine, and Oranum to start. I work at a site that pays us half of the $3.99 he charges. Never did I have to explain my developmental needs.

DougC
08-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Well EXCUSE ME for wanting to screen out the grifters and fakes. Our hiring process is difficult by design. We are not another keen, live person, oranum etc ad naseum. We fully interview and test our psychics. Must be you are complaining because you were not hired. I guess our process works. I can attest to the process, I own PsychicAccess.

PerditaDrury
08-20-2012, 01:54 PM
I found Psychic Access questions for hiring psychics to be extremely invasive. One of the questions
4) What are your top two personal development needs? How are you addressing them?

I have worked for Swiss banks on California Street in San Francisco.This bank required a minimum of 1 million to open an account, I had access to extremely sensitive information, and never was I asked a question that invasive.

There are many sites that pay 50% cash out, and 60% without all the extremely invasive questions. I mean the type of questions that Psychic Access was asking I expected to see an interface as progressive as Oranum. It takes time to build a customer base with any site, I saw register for free with Bitwine, and Oranum to start. I work at a site that pays us half of the $3.99 he charges. Never did I have to explain my developmental needs.

Why would you possibly think that question was "invasive"? It doesn't strike me as invasive at all. Questions such as that one are perfectly reasonable for any job where you are in a "help" profession -- from psychologist, to nurse, to life coach, to psychic. (In my opinion, it's not even impolite to ask someone at a party such a mild question if you've been seated together and have been conversing for a few minutes.)

Personal development and personal growth are cornerstones of helping professions.

Were I to answer that question, I would say that I would like to learn a foreign language, so as to widen my client base, and to read more extensively on the history of psychics during the French Revolution (when they were popular and revered) for my own edification.

Invasive would be "Have you ever wished one of your parents were dead?" or "Have you ever taken a third helping from the dessert table at a buffet"?

You would be lucky, in my opinion, to work for Psychic Access where they screen the folks they hire. I'm with Doug on this one. In fact, if I had the technical capacity to work at his site, I would answer every question required without a whimper (except the one about dessert, of course:)

And why did you post your response under the Psychic Source thread? Doesn't make sense to me.

My two cents.

elana242
09-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Invasive is a matter of personal opinion, I think. I have only worked 3 lines in 25 years and none ever asked many questions because I had to do three readings with three different people to be hired. It seems that is considered the old fashioned way, nowadays.
If you can do readings with 3 different people and be 93 percent accurate, then that works for me. Not a lot of readers can do that, especially when they write it all down, and check to see if it comes true. Just saying.that personal viewpoints have nothing to do with a reading. In fact, being objective is the key, at least for me.

Angel4Day
03-20-2013, 07:47 PM
I am seeing a lot of talking about money, and not even one thing about helping people.... I understand that great psychics like us deserve to get paid for the services that we provide, because who else can do what we do? But even though our duty should be more focus on helping people than just how much we are getting paid, more or less? At the end of the day does that really matter... Shouldn't we just be happy helping people that really need to be helped? I know I am... Doesn't matter how much they pay me.. i work for psychic source, and I love it. No complaints here. My life purpose is to help others not to become famous and a millionaire.. God provides, and he will provide for all you that worry about money in due time just be patient. I love going to sleep knowing I have helped so many people, not how much many I made for that day or week.. Anyways just thought I would say something! Oh and yes it is hard to get into Psychic Source unless you are a very good psychic... I will say Psychic Source is not a waste of time, they know how to do business. Blessings :)

cristina
04-13-2015, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=Angel4Day;3098493]I am seeing a lot of talking about money, and not even one thing about helping people.... I understand that great psychics like us deserve to get paid for the services that we provide, because who else can do what we do? But even though our duty should be more focus on helping people than just how much we are getting paid, more or less?

Regardless we are still in "business" we have to discuss real world things so that we can handle the 'material" side of our lives a bit better. I agree with you, but sometimes talking business helps us learn and protect ourselves. xo

FN29
07-01-2015, 04:51 PM
I am sorry but this is ridiculous, I am all for helping people, But to do it by working like a slave while someone else makes the big bucks is ridiculous, If you feel so good about helping people why not just work as a free reader. Sites that pay you 40c a minute while charging 3 or 4 dollars a minute are just taking advantage of you.You need to wake up and smell the coffee my dear.

PsychicJLynn
10-01-2015, 09:46 PM
If they want to put you on at their highest pay you will make 65 cents per minute.. Then you get slight increases based on how many long hours you work. You get lots of people only paying for 3/4 minute calls even those calls for 1.5 minutes because your per minute rate is so HIGH.
You are simply a number to the staff with little if ANY communication with the office.
You are shown no value as a reader even with the highest accuracy and the best reviews.
If this is the egg you want to add you have been warned.

I'm looking to add another egg to my basket and have been reading up about Psychic Source. I've heard that it's a good company, and also that it's fairly hard to get in (two, sometimes three, test readings etc) What I can't seem to find out is how much of a cut the reader gets out of his or her per-minute rate. Can anyone who works there give me an idea so I'd be able to work out if it'll be worth applying? I'd really appreciate any information, because I've scoured the Net and I've come up empty on this one. :confused:

PsychicJLynn
10-01-2015, 09:51 PM
I agree.. Psychic Source collects $8.75 per minute from customers but a reader working 40-50 hrs a week is LUCKY if they end up making 89 cents for minutes talked not the time between calls and the waste of time the computer takes to change calls. Psychic Source has went way way down hill

I am sorry but this is ridiculous, I am all for helping people, But to do it by working like a slave while someone else makes the big bucks is ridiculous, If you feel so good about helping people why not just work as a free reader. Sites that pay you 40c a minute while charging 3 or 4 dollars a minute are just taking advantage of you.You need to wake up and smell the coffee my dear.

PsychicJLynn
11-09-2015, 11:02 AM
They have no shame only paying psychics 40-65 cents a minute and keeping 93% of the money... I'm sorry they are a communications company which they suck st, but they have computer engineers that can place ads all over the Internet.. And they do.. All this talk of advertising when Jeni left there have been no more TV, Goodmoring America appearances. They don't care about psychics at all, grind them into the dust and they will just take another one off the street. If you only KNEW how many fakes they have on there. Joseph does dishes and mops floors while doing readings.. Look at the Internet and research you will find that complaint.. Yet they keep him. Truly gifted people they seem to give the hardest time. They have pets and make sure they are constantly talking but that's it... You build your clients with the quality of your readings NOT THEIR ADVERTISING!!! 7% is ridiculous!!! They should be forced to redo their pay I don't care who is a private contractor, their contract READS LIKE AN EMPLOYEE. Ask any attorney worth their salt, they will look at it and tell you this!!! They are avoiding taxes this way but Karma comes around and we all know that.. Watch for it with them!!

I was aghast actually when I applied to Psychic Source. It was a complete waste of time to even go through the interview process. After being accepted after my first interview I was told they wanted to put me on their "highest" initial pay rate. Clients would be paying around $5.40 to speak with me. I was thinking that if the take home was around 50% then earning $2.20 p/minute was ok. I was then told that out of this $5.40 p/minute I would make, as Doug mentioned above $0.40 p/minute! That's actually a 7% pay-out to the psychic! So the company takes 93% of the earnings. When I mentioned this to them the reply was, "Well, yes, you see we do have to pay for the advertising and other running costs". My advice, they should just hire monkeys to do readings there so long as they have enough left over after their advertising costs to afford the bananas as pay! Of course they are entitled to run their business as they choose fit and I have heard good things too about the quality of the readings and readers on Psychic Source and from readers there that the traffic is good. But personally this kind of renumeration in this business is exploitative to me. That's just my personal opinion and others are free to agree or disagree.

Miss Rose
08-19-2017, 08:57 AM
Hello everyone...Would really appreciate any leads on psychic companies that pay their advisors 50 per cent of there calls...I work for keen and they are fair just hoping to find a alternate...any leads would be great we all have to start somewhere...Blessings Miss Rose

MayaM
06-18-2018, 06:35 PM
If a psychic site does not inform you upfront on their website in the terms and conditions or somewhere, well, BOHICA. From what I have read in this forum, they pay you 35 to 41 cents per minute with some kind of hoky bonus system that may pay up to 49 cents a minute. They charge $4.99, $5.99 what ever but your pay still stays the same. I have hired some psychics from there and ouch, the horror stories I have heard, hard to believe they are still in business. No one deserves to be treated the way they treat psychics (from what I have heard).

Thanks for the save...they asked for me a long interview ...yikes ..40 cents , how cheap can they get..I understand that they have to advertise but wouldn't they think people would generate more money if they made more money ..and sad for the customers that they pay that much and the workers get ripped off

MayaM
06-18-2018, 06:38 PM
I am seeing a lot of talking about money, and not even one thing about helping people.... I understand that great psychics like us deserve to get paid for the services that we provide, because who else can do what we do? But even though our duty should be more focus on helping people than just how much we are getting paid, more or less? At the end of the day does that really matter... Shouldn't we just be happy helping people that really need to be helped? I know I am... Doesn't matter how much they pay me.. i work for psychic source, and I love it. No complaints here. My life purpose is to help others not to become famous and a millionaire.. God provides, and he will provide for all you that worry about money in due time just be patient. I love going to sleep knowing I have helped so many people, not how much many I made for that day or week.. Anyways just thought I would say something! Oh and yes it is hard to get into Psychic Source unless you are a very good psychic... I will say Psychic Source is not a waste of time, they know how to do business. Blessings :)
You must be in the sorse network...nice try...if you didn't care about getting paid that much for your services you would at least care that source is ripping off the customers while putting other workers through the sweat shop...either way those customers are paying alot for your services

MayaM
06-18-2018, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=Angel4Day;3098493]I am seeing a lot of talking about money, and not even one thing about helping people.... I understand that great psychics like us deserve to get paid for the services that we provide, because who else can do what we do? But even though our duty should be more focus on helping people than just how much we are getting paid, more or less?

Regardless we are still in "business" we have to discuss real world things so that we can handle the 'material" side of our lives a bit better. I agree with you, but sometimes talking business helps us learn and protect ourselves. xo

Angel is no Angel is trying to get people to work for nothing at the source...if she cared about the customer she would care that they are still paying $5.99/min and if she cared about anything or anyone she would see it is a rip-off sweat shop..
Nobody can afford to work for free or encourage sweat shops

MayaM
06-18-2018, 06:46 PM
I agree.. Psychic Source collects $8.75 per minute from customers but a reader working 40-50 hrs a week is LUCKY if they end up making 89 cents for minutes talked not the time between calls and the waste of time the computer takes to change calls. Psychic Source has went way way down hill

sooo right lynn...sounds like she is partnering with source , even if she tries to shame other psychics..there is still logic....the customer is still paying $5.99/min ..and some poor psychic is getting $0.40

MayaM
06-18-2018, 06:51 PM

explaining developmental need sounds like they are helping you work as a psychic.
In Oranum you are working for free most of the time..they want you to interact by skype with the many people who try to get free readings ...so why should they pay if they can just chat with you the whole time..one way or another you are still entertaining the customers...for many many hours ..with other sites st least you can get things done while waiting for a call

MayaM
06-18-2018, 06:55 PM
Well EXCUSE ME for wanting to screen out the grifters and fakes. Our hiring process is difficult by design. We are not another keen, live person, oranum etc ad naseum. We fully interview and test our psychics. Must be you are complaining because you were not hired. I guess our process works. I can attest to the process, I own PsychicAccess.
thanks DougC I will look into it , almost went into the interview process with Source ..they actually emailed a few times...As for oranum...psychics are expected to entertain the people by skype for many hours

MayaM
06-18-2018, 07:15 PM
thanks for letting us know

MysticNow
06-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the clarification "kat" but your high pay of $2.00 per minute was on a bonus weekend when you had to work slave hours to get it, don't make people think that is what they always make, you know very well it is in the neighborhood of 40 cents per minute. As for not believing the owners of other psychic lines (I assume you are speaking of me) everyone can see exactly what they will make, view the contract and know everything expected of them just by visiting our employment website. Psychic Access - Employment (http://psychicaccess.com/employment/)
The main difference between my site and the others is we are not a "Sweat Shop" and we are every bit as busy as the larger sites too. We do all the promoting of our psychics at no cost to the,m All they need do is show up to do readings, we take care of everything else. Our psychics also get free technical support for the PC's too, something no other psychic site provides.
Hi DougC
I was wondering if I might apply to your site. I need something steady. I am on 4 sites right now. But all of them are deader than dead.

DougC
06-23-2018, 05:27 PM
We are not hiring presently, we hope to resume sometime in late August or early September. We are doing this for two reasons... 1) We are revamping our entire hiring process 2) The entire psychic industry is down right now and I don't want to bring in any more psychics to dilute the existing money pool, that could hurt some of our psychics and I'll not do that.

Check with me later.

MysticNow
06-26-2018, 09:24 AM
No kidding it is down!! the 4 sites I am on are DEAD....any reason? what are thoughts here. I am starting to panic.

DougC
06-27-2018, 03:54 AM
This is not a political message, it is just the truth.... Our economy is doing really, really well. People have less to worry about. It is summer and for the first time in a long time people have disposable income to spend on travel, vacations and personal luxuries. Happy people don't usually get psychic readings as they have little reason too. I remember when the recession of 2008 hit us. Everyone was worried no one would ever go to a psychic, no one had any money. The opposite happened, well at least for my sites, business exploded, that started a 9 year growth spurt that just really started slowing down the end of 2017. We will still have a business, not just quite as robust as before, it will get better again.

The other 4 sites you mentioned, well when traffic is down and you have hundreds and hundreds of psychics to split what's left, everybody gets a much smaller piece of the pie. The sites don't care about the psychics, they'll hire no matter what. On the other hand, my site is not hiring at the moment for two reasons. The first is it is not fair to the psychics to hire more when there is not business to support more psychics. It dilutes every ones income. I care about my psychics and want to make sure during this down turn they are taken care of as well as possible. The other reason we are not hiring is we are totally revamping our hiring process. It will be harder to get a job at Psychic Access but the results from our customers point of view will be significant. We will survive, we are a lean fighting machine.

MysticNow
06-27-2018, 08:50 AM
Very informative DougC thank you for your valued insight. I will for certain apply to your site once your have openings. It is refreshing to see a business model such as yours that considers the psychic. I have been doing working for Medium Chat, Psychic Source, Zodiac and Life Reader for an unfair amount of time now.:D

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1