WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : tutor.com mock sessions

mimikiwi
05-30-2012, 10:04 PM
hey guys!

So I just sent in my paperwork for tutor.com (tax and background check stuff), and once I hear back the next step for me will be to schedule a mock session.

Right now, I'm placed in all the elementary/middle school maths, but I'm pretty sure none of those need tutors at the moment. I placed to tutor physics and chemistry and both are in need of tutors so I'm assuming my mock session will test me on one of those.

Since physics and chemistry are a lot tougher than most of the other subjects, I'm a little worried I'm going to get stumped during my mock session, especially in physics which I was actually kinda surprised I passed.

I'm wondering if anyone has done a mock session in these subjects and can give me an idea if they are going to ask a very basic question just to get an idea of your tutoring style or if they are going to ask a question that could potentially stump me to make sure you know all the material. I'm especially worried in physics because I feel I really understand most topics but some topics I don't remember much at all and need to refresh my memory (example, circuits!)

Are they going to be a lot like the subject exam questions (which were kind of tough!) or more basic?

Thanks!