WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Other auction sites

Cash Flow
06-05-2006, 03:03 AM
Other than Ebay, Overstock, Amazon, Yahoo, and Blujay, what other auctions sites are out there with traffic? This could be free policy sites, ( i.e.) no listing fees or final sales fees, or sites that are free listing WITH final sales fees.

I can't stand Ebay, too many sellers with not enough buyers.And if your items don't sell, you're still out the money you spent on listing fees.

Kevin Peterson
06-06-2006, 04:22 AM
Other than the ones mentions, you can try uBid. Most of the free listing sites out there are 'you get what you pay for' in my opinion. If you have the time to post to them, it may be worth it for the few sales you might get.

I tend to choose 'not enough buyers' over 'no buyers'!

classyred
06-07-2006, 04:37 AM
I love ebay and I have been doing it for a couple of years I sell about 80-90% of what I list, I think the key for me has been the right products and starting your bid low enough to attrack your bidders,

oz123
06-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Easybid is a brand new auction site so not much traffic yet.

Admin has a big ad campaign going on for it this next week.

You can even list your bizops too!

I posted in another thread about how to get a free membership for a month...

Catherine

p.s. I don't want it to sound like an ad but it is free to list and you can even get some listing credit when you join.

pagali
06-18-2006, 11:14 AM
I'd save some stuff for the day Google gets a bidding thing going--which I personally believe is going to happen. Ebay is basically the only game in town right now (even with the others), and it's only a matter of time before some other big name puts their version out there with better perks for sellers.

Matt-MattsMomma
06-20-2006, 05:19 AM
I use Ebay, it seems to have the most traffic. I have been waiting on listing alot of my items for the right season, that seems to generate higher bids. My sales have been good lately, paying for the trip to Disney World for 4 people. I can't wait until the Fall or Back to School, I have a ton of stuff to list.

If any of you ebay, and are interested, check out the link in my signature.

Money1970
06-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I have alot of fall items as well, I'm just waiting on the right time to list them.

schoolaucworld
08-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Other than Ebay, Overstock, Amazon, Yahoo, and Blujay, what other auctions sites are out there with traffic? This could be free policy sites, ( i.e.) no listing fees or final sales fees, or sites that are free listing WITH final sales fees.

I can't stand Ebay, too many sellers with not enough buyers.And if your items don't sell, you're still out the money you spent on listing fees.

I have been a Seller on Ebay off and on for the past 5 years. And have watched how the Seller's Fees have increased dramatically over the years. Much harder for anybody but Ebay to make a profit on Ebay nowadays.

There are quite a few auction sites out there. If you go to the search engines and type in auction websites you will see many. As a new auction website owner I am a member of several discussion forums that consists ofother auction website owners. I have seen quite a few really good auction websites with no or low fees, free stores, and dedicated site owners ready to give the one on one customer service that is lacking in the bigger auction sites, have to close down their website cause people won't give their website a chance to grow. They keep sticking with ebay, yet complain that they want other options, far asother auction websites to choose from.

There are many people who have a problem with the ever rising fees that Ebay charges, they complain yet still remain exclusively loyal to list only on Ebay. Whereas Ebay isn't loyal to it's sellers in the same way, they constantly raise fees, no matter how much sellers object.And though Many Sellers will only list on ebay to make extra money, Ebay is constantly diversifying ways to increase their cash flow and bottom line, ex. paypal, half.com, ebay stock, etc. they don't just stick to one way to make money. So why should Sellers only stick to one auction website to make money? Not saying that people shouldn't list on Ebay, because they do have the most buyers and sellers at this point. Sellers should consider diversifying and give some other auction sites a try also, maybe list most of their items on Ebay, and list just a couple of itemson another auction website also.Many of these new sites offer no listing fees, much lower final value fees, free stores, incentives for registering, etc.It may take a while to sellon the new site, but in the meantime your listings will help in the growthof that new site, and in time the site may flourish. Afterall what it takes to make an auction website successful is lotsofSellers and Buyers listing items and buying items. The more Sellerslisting items, the more incentive that it will be for buyers to come to that website to see what's being listed.Lower or no fees means that the Seller can increase their bottom line. So it's in the best interest of Sellers to maybe give up a little short term gratification to gain possible long term increases in profits by giving some other auction websites a try too. If you aren't paying any listing fees what do you have to lose.

ckoch
08-21-2006, 01:33 AM
I came across this recently I'm a ebay seller.

I can't endorse any of the auctions they list but I hope you find it helpful - http://www.kenzy.com/auctions.htm (http://www.kenzy.com/auctions.htm)

kriskarkoski
08-26-2006, 09:32 AM
could someone break down amazons fees. Im starting my own store and im going to start on free/cheaper sites to make money then move to the bigger sites, but amazon seems like it is more expensive than even ebay which is known for its high prices with high traffic.

ebaymomma
09-07-2006, 09:13 AM
I have sold a little on waggleppop.com with ok success...

deeskids
09-07-2006, 11:03 AM
I was wondering about wagglepop.com, it seems to have the same set-up as ebay.I was going to try and sell some kids items to see how well it does.

Darlene

debs5065
09-10-2006, 06:27 AM
I've got some items on Wagglepop right now...I have one that will sell once the auction closes...

I also have started using wahm-auctions.com I listed my first item last night and will put a few more items in there today...

In the past I've used Overstock.com with some success as well...

I am slowly migrating items from my Ebay store to other sites...since I sell alot of small dollar items, even if I have to list on several sites, the more I save the better off I am...

Deb

KellieAnne
09-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Hey Deb!

I was thinking about doing the same thing. I pay 18 to 19 dollars a month for my ebay store. The only reason I still have it is because I have my own domain name.

Good luck!!!!! smileys/smiley1.gif

mtmacc
09-12-2006, 06:40 AM
I have been selling on Wagglepop too!

I loveit there. I find the community to be really helpful Everyone gives tips for others to better their business.

I recently closed my ebay store. It was getting too costly. This is a great alternative.

cybria
09-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Hello. I read this post and just listed my first baby clothes lot on wagglepop.The fees are a lot lower there than ebay.Thanks for the tips. smileys/smiley1.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1