WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

MultiMommy
05-23-2012, 05:48 PM
It almost seems impossible to get the simplest tasks completed without totally pooping out. My husband is a truck driver and is usually gone all week. We have six children and expecting soon. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the house maintained without running out of energy?

Amy Jacobs
05-23-2012, 07:17 PM
wow lady sending you big hugs.. The older kiddos need need to help mama bear. Do the best you can!

Nyesha
06-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Oh my! I'm also sending good wishes your way. I'm sure your older children will understand if mommy is more tired during pregnancy and they'll be happy to help out. Good luck with everything.

Supermomlb
06-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Sorry! I feel like I am in the same boat. I have 3 kids ( just had a newborn) and my fiance works at night and sleeps all day so I feel like my house is a wreck and everything else.

Mine are all under 3 too and I don't live near family and friends.

I can only imagine what you are going through! Hugs Mama! Just try to keep your stress level down and eat healthier. I found that with my last pregnancy healthy snacking helped me a lot with energy.

Krystle512
06-15-2012, 07:05 AM
Aww. Try to get your older kids to help or if you are a member of a church or something maybe they would be willing to give you a break every now and then.

freemom497
07-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Prioritizing is the key. As long as the kids basic needs are met, like food, clothing etc... don't stress about having a perfectly clean house or perfect dinner on the table every night. A loving mom with a messy house will make a bigger and more lasting impression on your kids then a stressed out mom with a perfectly clean house. hang in there! my mom raised 7 kids, and we all turned out okay!

wahtax
07-08-2012, 06:59 AM
I have to say I know how you feel. I have 6 kids and expecting one in August. Not sure how close your kids are in age. Mine are pretty much stair step. My 3 older kids are assigned a younger kid and that is there "person" who they are responsible for fixing drinks and plate for. I have started a schedule of chores that include kitchen, dining room, den, hallway and bathrooms. Each person has a job. My 4 yr old is assigned the small hallway every other day. Also, they have a scheduled time to get chores dones in the evening/night. And I have baths and bed on schedules too.

Also, some days I have a big kid help me with dinner. As an example I had them help me cook cabbage. I had a table popped up in my room where I cut the cabbage and the bacon and put it in the wok, then I have them take it in the kitchen and cut the stove on and get to frying. I have also done a green beans, potatoes, and ham soup. I cut the potatoes and ham up in my room and direct the child who is helping me what to do. Now I have a 14 year old who already knows how to cook so he has his own cooking day. I have also purchased easy meals like hot dogs and Pork & Beans that my other two older kids can handle if i am just really tired out. Also, sometimes we might just have sandwich night.

Each family is different but I think kids know when mommy is really tired and needs help. This is when all that good training we have given them start coming out of nowhere. I simply had a meeting with them and explained I am bummed out and explained the new schedule and other details. It has really taken a lot of stress off of me. And it feels good waking up to a clean house.

Just remember...... it doesn't have to be perfect.

Good Luck