WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Charmed Candle Wraps?

cheryl462
05-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Hi, :)

Has anyone heard of this company? I'm not sure aobut the website. It seems to be limited on how much information they tell you. There is however and address and phone number to call them. The project looks interesting.

Here is the website: Charmed Candle Wraps (http://www.charmedcandlewraps.com/)

If anyone knows anything it would be great to hear your opinion of them.

TIA :)

BarbB
05-23-2012, 01:41 PM
This looks fishy to me. Why do you have to pay them anything when you are an assembler. Plus, they don't tell you how much. I would steer clear. You can make these yourself and sell them. I've been considering making them to go along with my candle biz.

cheryl462
05-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Any craft company you work for you havd to pay for the starter kit but that doesn't make them a scam. I currently work for two craft companies that are very legit and I have plenty of money with one of them. The other one I am new to but just sent in my first unit. No offense but not everyone wants to do the sales part of crafting and I know for me I am content with assembling for a company rather than selling.

Adding that they do tell you how much. It's 2.00 per piece accepted.

BarbB
05-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Sorry. Didn't mean to get you all riled up, but I would never pay to work for any company.

All the best.

wbmami
05-23-2012, 04:41 PM
This does look interesting. Please keep us informed if you find out any more about them.I have off from work on Friday so I think I'm going to give them a call to find out more.I'll post what I find out.

cheryl462
05-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Sorry. Didn't mean to get you all riled up, but I would never pay to work for any company.

All the best.

Hi Barb,

You didn't but if you pay attention to most of the threads in this folder they are for working for craft companies. Most craft copanies you have to buy a starter kit and pass an evaluation in order to start working for them. Maybe you are new to this and don't quite understand. No harm done at all! :) There are a quite a few scams in working for craft companies but there are a small handful that are legit. I have been working for different craft companies for many years. I have two that I am assembling for right now. One of which I had made quite a bit of money and have been with them for many years and the other I just started with. There have been others that I did pass evaulations and did make money with but they have come and gone for one reason or another. This is not an easy industry to work in and I can certainly understand why some would think that these companies are scams.

If you decide to sell candles on your own I wish you all the best. :)

cheryl462
05-23-2012, 07:42 PM
This does look interesting. Please keep us informed if you find out any more about them.I have off from work on Friday so I think I'm going to give them a call to find out more.I'll post what I find out.

Hi,

Please do post if you get to talk to them. I was going to try and send an email with a few questions and see how far I get. The only thing that kind of sends up a red flag with this company is the fact that they pay $2 a piece. That sounds a little high to me unless they are very picky about the pieces you assemble for them or they are selling them for a pretty high price. I'm not sure what to think of it...

Thank you for your post. :)

cwah_mom_ohio
05-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Wow another cute item to make. Please do keep us informed :)

*ssr09*
05-24-2012, 07:01 AM
I agree it is a cute item. I googled their address and seems it is a UPS store. Also, did anyone see what is the cost of the starter kit?? What I think is a little weird also is that they don't have an online payment option. If anyone finds out any more info. let us know. Have a great day everybody.

cwah_mom_ohio
05-24-2012, 08:10 AM
This also came up on a search of their address
Delicate Hair Jewels (http://www.delicatehairjewels.com/)

cheryl462
05-24-2012, 09:43 AM
After further research I am passing on this opportunity. I have great doubts about it. There is some relation to the owner of this site and the owner of the sites for Embellished Jewelry, Charmed Jewels, Bedazzled Napkin Wraps, and a few others. If you compare this site to the other sites such as Embelished Jewlery, Delicat Hair Jewls, Charmed Jewelry, etc they are all almost exactly the same. After doing a whois lookup on the websites there are just too many similarities for my liking and the last thing that rings a bell here is almost all pay $2 per piece. A little too coincidental for me. If anyone can prove me wrong I would love to hear your story.

mustangsaguaro
05-28-2012, 11:11 AM
I contacted this company via email to get some questions answered in which I had some concerns about. I contacted them last Wed (May 23) and I have not heard a word from them yet and it is May 28th today. I can understand taking 24hrs to answer an email, but taking almost 5 days and not hearing anything makes me a bit leary and not a business I would want to work with. JMHO.

staylor0923
05-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Hi,

I am new to this but I have sent in for the candle wraps. The lady that I spoke with is Amber. I requested the starter kit on 5/28/12 so hopfully I will get it soon. Amber was very nice and she answered all of my questions when I called. There are 4 colors that you use and that is Red, Clear, Purple, and Light Green. Amber said that they are all plastic beads just different sizes. You also use memory wire. I'll let you all know how it works out for me when I get the kit and send in my first wrap.

Also, Yes they do have the delicate hair jewels as well.

cheryl462
06-03-2012, 09:27 AM
I contacted this company via email to get some questions answered in which I had some concerns about. I contacted them last Wed (May 23) and I have not heard a word from them yet and it is May 28th today. I can understand taking 24hrs to answer an email, but taking almost 5 days and not hearing anything makes me a bit leary and not a business I would want to work with. JMHO.

Yes, the same thing for me. I sent an email and they never replied. I called their number on a friends phone and did not answer, the phone just rang. I also did a reverse lookup on the address and like SSR09 said it goes to a UPS store. It's possible the mail is being held there but doubtful. Another thing that is too close for comfort is how close her websites look to the other ones, embellished jewels, bedazzled napkin rings, and the pay for each project is the same across the board on all websites. Another thing is the contact address on some of them starts with pamela. She was the owner of Capital Crafts for assembling earrings. If you do a Google search you will find lots of posts about this company.

kjm
08-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi,

I am new to this but I have sent in for the candle wraps. The lady that I spoke with is Amber. I requested the starter kit on 5/28/12 so hopfully I will get it soon. Amber was very nice and she answered all of my questions when I called. There are 4 colors that you use and that is Red, Clear, Purple, and Light Green. Amber said that they are all plastic beads just different sizes. You also use memory wire. I'll let you all know how it works out for me when I get the kit and send in my first wrap.

Also, Yes they do have the delicate hair jewels as well.

Did you end up getting the kit and turning your work it??? I think this looks like fun to make... but with all the research everyone has made I'm curious to know if you've been successful with the company??

aburg
08-13-2012, 12:42 PM
staylor I believe has another tread going that she goes over this company and one other. Didn't go well from what I read. Hope this helps you kjm

mickie007
10-11-2013, 06:05 AM
staylor I believe has another tread going that she goes over this company and one other. Didn't go well from what I read. Hope this helps you kjm
I sent in for the napkin wraps. I paid thru Paypal ..Thankfully. I have not yet received them. I did this on Sept 27th. I too spoke with someone and they were nice. Since then I not been able to speak with anyone or leave message. The mail box is full. The website is down. These Companies are scams. So are the places that promote them:( Paypal will refund you. Open a dispute. This Company will not respond. :(I'm in the process now. Its too bad these companies can exist as long as this one has.

msmichy
10-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Most of the companies I have worked for that are legitimate, do require a deposit for supplies. I can totally understand why....they are paying for the materials. But in that too the ones I have worked for have given back my initial deposit upon sending in so many pieces.

I was not too impressed with the site when I went there. But then that is MY opinion.. Good luck to you on your venture!

Michele

mickie007
10-12-2013, 06:22 PM
What companies have you worked for? If you don't mind sharing?
I just haven't found anything that has panned out:(

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1