WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Still deciding.

Kellysays2u
05-10-2012, 06:31 PM
I really really enjoy scentsy and all the products they have to offer. I have wanted to join for awhile but its not so much me I have to convince as my husband. I did direct sales before through a different company. I chose it only really as my friend was doing it and seemed mildly successful and I needed the extra money. I did love the products but I did not enjoy having to cook at parties. I really don't enjoy cooking very much. Scentsy I have always loved and they always seem to sell themselves. But I can't seem to get my husband to agree to it (maybe because I gave up after six months last time and so we were out of money as we had bought products and supplies as you needed to buy all these items to demonstrate them). We really don't have the $100 to spend on something that won't last and we won't get our money back on... Is there anyway to convince him?

Tara P
05-10-2012, 07:09 PM
I sent you a private message.

Kellysays2u
05-10-2012, 07:15 PM
I sent you a private message.

Hmm I haven't received anything :confused: Maybe it's just not showing up yet.

Tara P
05-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Try again! Just sent it. Sorry about the delay, phone internet is a little slow.

Tara P
05-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Did you receive the private message that I sent to you? Hope that it helps you.

LAscents
05-11-2012, 05:16 AM
I can understand his hesitation, that's somewhat common because unfortunately so many consultants quit after a short time and therefore in some circles we get a reputation that "those things never work". When actually "those things work ... as long as you work". There are plenty of consultants in Scentsy making extra, part time or full time incomes. These things can and do work.

Nothing sells itself. If it did, everyone would be doing it. But Scentsy is an *easy* sell... providing you introduce it to people. As far as what to tell your husband, it sounds like he will need to see it to believe it - actions speak louder than words. Some things though that may help -

You really do have everything you need to START a business in the $99 starter kit. To further build, and grow your business you may want to add a few pieces along the way, but it's nothing that you need to go out and invest above the $99 (plus $10 shipping & local sales tax). You also have 3 months website/store hosting included in that $99 investment. You can also be both the consultant and the host with Scentsy so you're able to add components with free credits and half off items from host benefits. The only extras I would budget for initially are business cards (those included in the kit are blank so you'll have to add your own info) and postage if you intend to mail some catalogs to non-local contacts.

Perhaps you can commit to him and to yourself, a goal of your first party totaling $500 or more. Doing so would give you commissions to pay off your credit card or replace your debit card funds for the starter kit investment from the commissions you'd earn from that $500+ party. Commit that Failure is Not an Option, and work with your sponsor and upline to ensure you have lots of suggestions on how you can achieve that goal.

I've heard countless stories over the years how initially spouses weren't on board, but the proof was in the pudding and when they saw the bank deposits from the commission checks, they're now the biggest supporters.

CinnaShoppe
05-11-2012, 05:50 AM
Kelly - I sent you a message :)

CinnaShoppe
05-11-2012, 05:54 AM
LA - YES - I was one of those! My hubby was not convinced since I had spent a lot of money the previous year on another company. Thankfully he saw my hard work pay off and saw how easily our product sold. Now he is handing out my cards to his buddies on the road (he is a train conductor).

kainsley\
05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Kelly, another idea to try to sell him on it is to host a decider party. Work with a consultant to host a party at your house. See how it goes & then decide if you want to join. You would only need to sell $500 to cover the cost of your kit. You would have to purchase the kit upfront, but you could enter the party right after you join & your commission could be in your account before your credit card payment is due. :)

Pink Zebra Lady
05-12-2012, 02:56 AM
I really really enjoy scentsy and all the products they have to offer. I have wanted to join for awhile but its not so much me I have to convince as my husband. I did direct sales before through a different company. I chose it only really as my friend was doing it and seemed mildly successful and I needed the extra money. I did love the products but I did not enjoy having to cook at parties. I really don't enjoy cooking very much. Scentsy I have always loved and they always seem to sell themselves. But I can't seem to get my husband to agree to it (maybe because I gave up after six months last time and so we were out of money as we had bought products and supplies as you needed to buy all these items to demonstrate them). We really don't have the $100 to spend on something that won't last and we won't get our money back on... Is there anyway to convince him?

You have to choose a company that you know you will love and have absolutely no reservations about. One that also you an succeed quickly with and explain to him the benefits of that company.

I understand his reservations as I had them myself, but now that I have been with my company for six months I am so happy that I made the jump! Our life will never be the same!

Best of luck to you!

Kellysays2u
05-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Thank you so much everyone. My husband has agreed to try it. He said even if it doesn't work out that at least we will another warmer and he is sure I can make it work as I already have three home parties scheduled as well as two online parties. :) Very excited just need to wait a week or three more for either this paycheck or next and I will be starting. Now just need to fully decide on who to sign up under. I do like the idea of having someone close but the only lady I click with close I am not sure how much training she does... Hmm.

Kellysays2u
05-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Oh and a question. Which do you think sounds better for a domain name, if they are still available when I sign up.
Wishingwickless or Wicklesswishing?

Those are the names I have in mind but not sure which way sounds better?

LAscents
05-12-2012, 08:03 AM
That's great that you have hubby's blessing to give it a try. Having his backing is a fabulous way to start a new venture. With regard to selecting a sponsor - I would encourage you to talk with/interview a number of different consultants to ensure you have a good business fit as it pertains to style, communication, knowledge, accessibility, etc. Once you enroll you cannot switch sponsors so this is your time to choose wisely.

Tara P
05-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Congrats! That is great that your husband will support you. My husband was the same way. Now he its my biggest supporter. It is also great that you have parties lined up to get your business off to a fantastic start. Be passionate about Scentsy and others will notice and want what you have. I'm so very excited for you!

Tara P
05-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Oh, almost forgot! I absolutely love wickless wishing. Both are really good though. Best luck to you.

kainsley\
05-12-2012, 08:43 AM
That's great! I agree with with Laurie to talk to people & see who you connect with best as your sponsor. The location of your sponsor doesn't really matter as much as how helpful they will be to you. Most teams have Facebook pages, training calls, etc. so location isn't really important. Good luck to you!

Christine-LDN wickless
05-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Tell him how you need something for YOU. Do a quick search on Youtube and the Scentsy channel and show him the countless videos of husbands saying the exact same thing as he is.

Also be sure to stick with it if you decide. Don't allow yourself to even consider giving up. Tell him you're in it for the long haul and although initially he may not be convinced....he'll come around. xoxo

Kellysays2u
05-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Tell him how you need something for YOU. Do a quick search on Youtube and the Scentsy channel and show him the countless videos of husbands saying the exact same thing as he is.

Also be sure to stick with it if you decide. Don't allow yourself to even consider giving up. Tell him you're in it for the long haul and although initially he may not be convinced....he'll come around. xoxo

This is exactly what I had to do to convince him. He is now even working 4 extra hours of over time so that we can afford my kit and a few extras without dipping into our budget. He is very excited and is looking forward to me doing something for me and something that will help US (he wants to help some now too) earn more much needed money. He now understands that there is an investment in opening any business and this is minimal compared to others. I am so lucky to have someone like him and am very blessed.

Tara P
05-15-2012, 05:45 PM
I wish that there was a like button! Your husband sounds great! You are so lucky!

gemmii56
05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
did you get my message Kelly?

christyvw2004
05-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Kelly I would speak with whoever you are thinking of for a sponsor. I dont think they need to be close in distance to you...but you should feel comfortable enough with them to ask questions that you may have. I wish you the best of luck...and yes many husbands are surprise when they find that this really is a good job for their wifes.

momintoscents
06-04-2012, 05:32 PM
My husband LOVES the product as much as I do! LOL He loves the new Angler warmer I placed on his bar as a surprise! Scentsy is really a great product! And I agree with the above poster, if oyu know who you might want to sign up with, ask some questions, make sure your comfortable with everything as well as the person you will be signing up under. Maybe you want someone local?? But know that it's not neccesary! Good luck! ;)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1