WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Tophatter

khakigirl
04-21-2012, 06:02 AM
Has anyone else tried Tophatter yet? If you haven't, it's a ridiculously fun LIVE auction site. It's like eBay mixed with a live auction (complete with a virtual auctioneer). You schedule your items in advance (or hop on standby and see if anyone advances your item by placing the minimum bid) and people bid on each item while they're "on the block".

I joined a few weeks ago and already moved a lot of "stale" items from my Yardsellr shop. I LOVE it!

lorah
04-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Sounds interesting. What are the fees like? How is the traffic? I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

khakigirl
04-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Sounds interesting. What are the fees like? How is the traffic? I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

10% of final selling price, minimum $1 (except in the flea market where it's 10% but you have to start your items at $1). Traffic is pretty good. The biggest auctions are jewelry, bazaars (there are 3 per weekday) and the flea markets. They typically have 150-250 attendees which is pretty darn good if you ask me. Some of those people will be sellers because you can talk about your item when it's on the block so a lot of them hang around to chit chat and wait for their item to come up.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1