WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Why is this board so quiet?

theauctionmoms
04-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Just curious why the "Online Auctions & Wholesale" board is so quiet compared to other boards on wahm.com.

Do people not find value in online auctions? Do people not have items to sell? Do people not like ebay? Have you had bad experiences with online auctions?

For me, eBay has been a lifesaver. Not only has it provided extra income, but I have been able to de-clutter my home, and find myself a few great deals along the way, too. And, eBay was slow due to Spring Break times, but seems to have recently picked up the last few days.

From my eBay dashboard just now: (I am in no way a big big seller....)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/cah01cah/dashboard.jpg

ybnegood
04-19-2012, 06:27 PM
I think because the majority of people are AFRAID of having any kind of a buy/sell business unless
it is a MLM.

Ebay has gotten more difficult to be successful on also with their increased fees and attitude to steer
the company away from an auction base to a buy it now base with big box stores as their biggest users.

I myself do quite well selling on various auction sites...bonanza, blujay, ebay, etc
and have 5 "free" websites up that bring in some extra business.

I import items in small quanities at very low pricing (no drop shipping for me)

I find great joy in receiving emails from paypal that say "you've got cash"
more people should try it.

martin

lorah
04-19-2012, 10:36 PM
I like eBay ok. I don't like their fees but I usually get in on the 'free' to list days and everyone gets 50 free listings a month. My issue is with inventory. I really want to get in on the collectibles market and have quite a few. It's all the research that I need to do, picture taking etc. I just need to spend the time getting them listed. I,too, wish this board were more active. I have so much to learn and am not a fan of the eBay boards. If I could make $500 a month, I would be a REALLY happy camper!

theauctionmoms
04-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Ah haaa! There are people in here.

@martin: I love those emails, too! :)
@Lora: Pace yourself! I have struggled with the time issue and now make it my goal to list 2 items per day, every day, utilizing two different eBay accounts. I tend to take pictures at the beginning of the week, upload them all to my computer and list throughout the week.

lorah
04-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Thanks Christine,
I will try that. Need batteries for my digital. LOL It's always something it seems. I'm just going to pick a few items to start with and do the research and get them listed. I can't sell if I don't list so will see what happens. BTW, I just joined your forum and am headed there now to read.

Rona
04-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Hi
Yes it is quiet on this board. I have used ebay for years and still use it to sell my unwanted items, clothing etc for my daughters and family. There are hundreds of people who now make a great living on ebay and it is still an easy and quick way to start selling online.

johntpc
05-16-2012, 03:51 PM
"There are hundreds of people who now make a great living on ebay and it is still an easy and quick way to start selling online."

There are literally thousands of people making a living with eBay. It has saved so many, myself included. It opens a new world of opportunity for those that find their niche.

Like most businesses, a large percentage may not be successful, but if you can figure it out, then you might be a profitable and busy person. Make it happen!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1