WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

LizJ
04-16-2012, 03:42 PM
a coworker of my husband is going to be a grandmother - he asked her if I could do a maternity shoot with her daughter (who also works with them) as I am still learning my camera.

they both thought it would be a wonderful idea (Grandmother would be in the pic too as she might not be there for the birth of her grandchild - she has terminal brain cancer )

We are going to meet at the park (wooded) this weekend so I would love some good ideas. I am also going to do photos of the baby when the baby is born (esp if grandmother is still around! she is a wonderful woman and I am very saddened by the fact she won't be around to see her grandbaby grow up)

I may not be great - but I think it's something they will treasure forever

empoweredmom
04-16-2012, 06:44 PM
There are so many things you can do with that. I had some memorable ones as well as my sister in law... her mother and her had their hands make a heart over her belly.... bing or google maternity pictures that include the grandmother.. or other search phrases like that and click images. You should see lots of picture ideas. OR search for maternity photographers and look at pictures they've taken.

lorah
04-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Oh Liz! what a beautiful opportunity you have! I am sure her daughter will treasure the photos. I don't have any ideas, but just wanted to wish you the best with it and tell you what a wonderful thing you are doing.

EcoConsciousMom
04-20-2012, 10:29 PM
There are so many things you can do with that. I had some memorable ones as well as my sister in law... her mother and her had their hands make a heart over her belly.... bing or google maternity pictures that include the grandmother.. or other search phrases like that and click images. You should see lots of picture ideas. OR search for maternity photographers and look at pictures they've taken.

I was thinking that heart on the belly too, especially if the texture or color of the hands were different. I ran a quick search for you and here are two links with some inspiration.

Maternity Photography – 7 Tips for Taking Great Shots (http://digital-photography-school.com/tummy-time-7-tips-for-taking-great-maternity-shots)
Non-cheesy maternity shoot ideas | Offbeat Mama (http://offbeatmama.com/2010/04/maternity-photo-shoot-ideas)

This is really a great opportunity for you and them. I hope you have fun doing it. :)

lindsayhogan
04-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Maternity shoot is one of my second favorite after wedding shoot. This is most important and beautiful stage of our life so it very much needed to be captured in our camera as sweet memories.

I am sharing one photographer blog so just check it our all maternity shoot. You will get terrific idea from it.

Maternity » Bossinger Photography (http://www.bossingerphotographyblog.com/?cat=316)

Hope you like it.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1