WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Ideas on making logo

LizJ
04-05-2012, 11:05 PM
for the copyright on the photos and for my webpage and all

ok, yes, I am new an all but how would you go about doing that

I am clueless when it comes to that! I don't even know how to put it ON the photo! (mainly when online)

any tips/advice)
thanks

lorah
04-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Hi Liz,
At the bottom of your webpage there should be a copyright notice. I know that they have them there automatically, even on free site builders. As for how to get it on a photo, I don't know. You might just write a statement saying that all photos belong to you and can not be copied, or used by any one for any thing. I'm also not sure that there is any way to be 100% sure that someone won't try to 'steal' one. I know that there is a way to make sure a person can't print them, something to do with resolution, but I have no earthly clue how that works. Sorry I couln't be of more help.

AndrewW
04-06-2012, 03:17 AM
I know that there is a way to make sure a person can't print them, something to do with resolution, but I have no earthly clue how that works. Sorry I couln't be of more help.

You can't make it someone can't print them. A lower res will make the printout not turn too well in larger sizes though.

There are some ways to make it more difficult for someone to capture it from a webpage such as putting another transparent image over the top of it so someone can't just right click and save as, but that's not really hard to bypass. A watermark is another possibility.

lorah
04-06-2012, 04:47 AM
I have heard that just about anyone can remove a watermark. There was a discussion on a photography forum somewhere. Thanks for the info on the low res, guess that isn't the best option either. I'm not really sure there is one, is there?

TommyH
04-06-2012, 07:37 AM
for the copyright on the photos and for my webpage and all

ok, yes, I am new an all but how would you go about doing that

I am clueless when it comes to that! I don't even know how to put it ON the photo! (mainly when online)

any tips/advice)
thanks

There are a few things that can be done to help deter people from stealing your photos. First thing is to put a watermark like everyone has described. There are many ways to add a watermark but you should use a program like Gimp or photoshop. Some watermarks are easier to remove but this is the way I use to do it and it makes it harder to remove when you emboss the image. I am not sure how to do this on Gimp but you might be able to google "emboss text using gimp"

http://www.thelightsrightstudio.com/tutorials/WatermarkingYourImagesForTheWeb.pdf

The next thing is to only post a low resolution image to the site. If you are using it for a blog you might scale the image size down to about 800 pixels for height. Using Gimp I want to say on the menu bar you should go: Image>Scale Image> and change the height to 800 pixels. The chain looking thing on the right should be solid, so it automatically will change the width pixels to keep things in scale. If the chain looks broken click it. Also you can lower the resolution to around 72 ppi in the lower boxes. Once you save this it will give you a file that is usually less then 1mb.

Now if someone does click it to save it not only are they getting an image with a watermark but it's low resolution. So if they do manage to remove the watermark some how the size they will be able to print and it look good would be very small. Maybe a 4x6 or so. Also with the lower resolution file it will be harder to remove water marks. I usually do this when I upload directly to facebook if I do not link the image back to my site.

Finally depending on the site you are using for your photos. Some sites in the functions or menu area of your account you can "disable right click" I use Zenfolio for my online photos and they have this option where the photo cannot be downloaded. Again there is ways around things like this but it helps deter most people. If you cannot find this option but you can control the HTML of the page/blog then you can just add the code yourself, just do a quick google search for "disable right click HTML code" and that should pull up enough resources for you to get started with.

Again doing these wont deter the determined but it will keep most users away. And if you do the low resolution file if they do get around things and download it they wont have much to work with.

LizJ
04-06-2012, 05:33 PM
I have DL gimp but I have no idea how to add the watermark lol - I would love photoshop or lightroom but don't have the money for it right now!

AndrewW
04-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I have DL gimp but I have no idea how to add the watermark lol - I would love photoshop or lightroom but don't have the money for it right now!

No real need for Photoshop, GIMP can do a lot.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=adding+watermark+gimp&oq=adding+watermark+gimp&aq=f&aqi=g1g-q3&aql=&gs_l=hp.3..0j0i22l3.1905l4490l0l4673l21l13l0l4l4l1 l381l2295l0j9j3j1l16l0.llsin.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=1272a89de59f0446&biw=1009&bih=926

Rona
04-07-2012, 02:20 AM
You can make your own logo really easily at vistaprint.

You then download it on to your computer and then upload to your website.

Lolay
04-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Watermark your images. I use the dissolve feature

LizJ
04-16-2012, 01:49 PM
see, I have no idea on how to make a water mark - lol just downloaded gimp (cause Its free - and I don't know of any other good affordable software - the other one I have is paintshop pro x3

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1