WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Online Workshop

TommyH
03-23-2012, 09:00 AM
The next workshop by Creative live is going to be on the fundamentals of digital photography. I am sure a lot can transfer back to film as well. There will be topics of shutter speed, aperture, iso, depth of field and more.

This is a week long online workshop that you can watch for free. Just register at their site and enroll in the course. You will get an email reminder when the course is about to start.

Tune in for some really great info, even if you can't watch all of it, try to watch some pieces as you get time. There is also a rewatch every night. They will replay that days course about an hour or two after the live session ends.

Go here to register so you can watch:
Fundamentals of Digital Photography 2012 - with John Greengo | creativeLIVE (http://www.creativelive.com/courses/digitalphotography)

AndrewW
03-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Might be worth looking into. Thanks for mentioning it.

needwrk
03-31-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks!! I will definitely enroll.

lorah
04-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Thanks Tommy, I saved it to my favorites. Is this digital only? I was looking at some of the upcoming classes and there are several that I would like to take.

AndrewW
04-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks Tommy, I saved it to my favorites. Is this digital only? I was looking at some of the upcoming classes and there are several that I would like to take.

Even if something is digital, a lot of the material will generally apply to film as well.

lorah
04-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks Andrew! I'll sign up for a few then.

AndrewW
04-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks Andrew! I'll sign up for a few then.

Shutter speed, aperature and such don't really change between digital and film (Though iso is done a different way it still provides the same function).

TommyH
04-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Like Andrew said most of the stuff will translate easily to film. Shutter speed, aperture, Depth of Field, composition, wont change between formats. Really the only difference is the media the picture is written/burned to. ISO on digital is just the Film speed and only difference with that is digital you can change on the fly where film you have to change the roll of film.

They have a lot of good workshops for wedding photography, which usually consists of best business practices, marketing, lighting, poses, stuff like that. I am waiting to see a landscape photography workshop come by. Last few were weddings, baby portraits, boudoir, but it all helps due to learning different lighting techniques.

TommyH
04-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Live fundamental photography workshop starting up in 30 minutes. Should be a lot of great info.

Re-watch usually starts about an hour after the live so should start up about 7 pm eastern.

AndrewW
04-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Was interesting. Chat was a bit busy.

TommyH
04-09-2012, 05:03 PM
His slides are great for visually explaining things. Love the Myths of photography, next few days will get into things deeper.

AndrewW
04-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Was just wondering how many on here where following the class.

needwrk
04-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I watched Don's Class and now watching John Greengo's too... what a wealth of info... cant believe its free to watch! Thanks Tommy for suggesting this site.

TommyH
04-13-2012, 11:33 AM
I watched Don's Class and now watching John Greengo's too... what a wealth of info... cant believe its free to watch! Thanks Tommy for suggesting this site.

I missed Don's class what was that on? No problem, ya this John Greengo's course is so much info. I will be purchasing this class, lots of great info.

AndrewW
04-13-2012, 02:29 PM
I missed Don's class what was that on? No problem, ya this John Greengo's course is so much info. I will be purchasing this class, lots of great info.

Should be doing that soon if you want it at the discounted $99.

Has been a lot of information.

needwrk
04-15-2012, 09:10 PM

It was on Studio Lighting.. it was amazing. I think its available for purchase for $145 now.

TommyH
04-16-2012, 08:34 AM
It was on Studio Lighting.. it was amazing. I think its available for purchase for $145 now.

Oh ya, I missed that one. I really wanted to see it I am starting to get more into lighting and would have loved to catch it. The CreativeLive is such a great and amazing area to learn from. I watched the Zach and Jody Gray wedding one a month or so ago. I was very impressed with them (just like all the other instructors) and it gave me so much more knowledge for when I do shoot weddings. I can't wait to see the class they are doing at end of this week on their post production work. Hoping I can pick up a few things that will decrease my time at the computer.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1