WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New Consultants

Lexilou
03-23-2012, 05:45 AM
I thought it would be interesting to see what we could come up with. If you could give one piece of advice to a new consultant, what would it be? What would you tell them to do or not do?
With the launch of Velata soon, I really think that we are going to have a HUGE growth spurt, and it would be nice to have everyone's tips for their business.
My advice would be to set goals. You can start out with small ones and when you reach those, raise the bar higher. Never stop learning! Ok, that's two, but I could'nt help it :)
Have a great day everyone!

SCENTSY SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimscents
03-23-2012, 08:48 AM
It's hard to narrow it down to one tip so here's a few:
1. Keep it simple, Scentsy has done a great job at keeping it very simple for us and it works
2. Carry samples, flyers or catalogs with you everywhere and Share Scentsy with everyone.
3, Never prejudge anyone for being a customer or a consultant you never know who will surprise you and be your best customer or superstar consultant.

Most of all HAVE FUN!!

kainsley\
03-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Talk to everyone! Don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone (still something I struggle with after 4+ years).

imamomagain
03-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Do a Launch Party! Create or recreate your list of 100. :)

VeggieGirl84
03-24-2012, 06:37 AM
Even though I am self-learner, I love interacting with my team because positivity and motivation are really contagious so my advice is to join a supportive team!

Once joining, my advice would be:
-get some minitesters
-leave samples/hand out samples EVERYWHERE!

Scentsy apparel has helped me out a lot too b/c people will approach you about it!

christyvw2004
03-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Hand out catalogs to anyone who asks....and i think wearing anything with Scentsy on helps.

princm42
04-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I joined Scentsy a little over a month ago and being new the best advice I can give at this point is Read!

Read the training materials, read forums such as this/the official and soak it all in so that you are knowledgeable of the products and all that being a scentsy consultant is.

LAscents
04-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Take advantage of our fabulous Training Center and Resources and invest time in your business learning before just jumping in blinding. RYBLAB - Run Your Business Like A Business.

Tara P
04-09-2012, 08:50 PM
I agree with the posts about educating yourself about Scentsy and all the aspects of owning your business. There are valuable training resources on the workstation to help you be successful. Also research party plan and recruiting books at your local library. There are some wonderful books that can help! Good luck!

scentsbyterri
05-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Keep it simple and know your product. Print out the FAQ's and have them handy at a party so that you feel confident about what you're sharing. Watch the training in the workstation, and contact your sponsor if you have any questions. Most of all, if you love what you're doing start telling others about it!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1