WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I always wondered

Aziziphel
03-18-2012, 10:06 AM
I've seen a lot of the tarot jobs and I know a long time back I found a site that did free tarot readings... do people actually sit there and lay out their cards or do they use a site?

coachkat
03-20-2012, 08:45 PM
I know for me when I do a tarot reading over the phone or webcam, I have a deck of Ryder Waite tarot cards that I use. I get the energy from touching the cards so I can interpret the meanings according to the questioner and question.

Does anyone else do it differently?

elana242
04-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Some sites use a computer program to lay out the spreads and others do it by hand.

EmpathicHeart
04-12-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm breaking in an Albano version of the Rider-Waite to replace the Connolly that wore out...just center myself and listen to their voice while laying out a large spread of cards; the Cross&Altar is a spread of my own I like to use for phone readings. They pay me for a Tarot reading and my impressions, I give that, plus the advisory I can be wrong and guidance to find their own balance and hear their own intuition more clearly. Sometimes I guide in chakra balancing or perform small shamanic services, but eighty percent is love problems with people who don't like to pay to hear bad news...makes me tired.

Jsm84
05-17-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't know anything about tarot cards. I know a real Psychic that knows everything. Her name is Jean and she's at 11th Street in Ocean City, MD. It's worth a trip to go see her.

Jackie (Jsm84)

vicereine
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
I am not really very psychic but I do read tarot cards and have my own deck. I basically go by the definition of what the card symbolizes and vibes I get from my friends or others could I do this as a job? what are the qualifications and where would I go about getting a job like this? If anyone could help I would appreciate it very much, thanks.

coachkat
06-10-2012, 08:15 AM
It's interesting that some people do not believe that real psychics actually use tools to hone in on energies...again, very interesting.

I hold fast and true that everyone has some psychic ability. If you are interested in becoming a professional, you need to do at least 100 readings with family and friends to hone in on how you need to use your tarot cards to provide accurate and insightful readings.

Once you have done 100 readings and analyze the results of the readings, you can then evaluate if you feel comfortable enough to do readings for strangers by phone or cam.

Only you can really answer that question.

DreamCatchress
06-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Hello,

In this day and age when technological advances occur before we can update our Facebook page, almost everything seems to have gotten a digital makeover - including many divination tools.

Some websites actually have programs that shuffle and draw cards for you - others have webchat or webcall tarot readers that consult the cards. I'm not championing any one in particular, I've just come across a few different options for readings via the web during my surfing.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly have my tarot apps on my tablet and phone! But I personally don't think that anything can replace the actual contact with the cards when performing a reading. Because just as everything in the Universe is exactly where it needs to be in the time that it is supposed the be there - there is a powerful connection that occurs between the person that is asking the questions, the cards that are being shuffled and drawn, and the interpretations being shared by the reader.

I imagine there is a more clear connection when readings are performed the good ol' fashioned way - from heart to heart (not heart to program to heart)!.

Love and Light,
DC

elana242
07-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Dream Catcher, I agree about touching the cards. Even though I use Angel cards as well as color cards and tarot cards, the energy is not there without touching the cards. The interpretation can be different if you don't touch the cards, at least for me.:)

msuggitt
07-19-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm not in the business, but had been following Allie from GypsyAdvise for years. I'm amazed at how she has built her career while raising her son as a single mother. She worked on a few of the sites that are (were) listed here at one time or another, does physic fairs, became a webmaster, then got into podcasts, and itunes - now see she is into the sexual arena where I see she has now blossomed. Starting out years back, she was often ridiculed & looked down on by her small town - wonder what they think now they have a semi-celebrity in their mist?

From a business standpoint, I just find her journey amazing, just wondering if anyone here had actually met her?

So I thought it's be fun for seasoned psychic's here to share similar journeys for other wahm's who are starting out and have doubts about how or even if they can put their unique talents to work. :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1