WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : ?'s about being a consultant

cykakris
03-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi, I am researching direct sales companies as a way to bring home some additional income for my family. I have never been to a TS party, but have had some of the products and they're fabulous! I have a few questions about joining -

1) Do I need to set up a certain # of parties before joining?

2) How much do you actually cook at the party itself? I'm not much of a cook!

3) When I did a consultant search on the website, it only brought up a couple in my area (which is great!)...but is that everyone or do you have to reach a certain level of sales for your name to come up in that search?

4) Do you find people are still hosting parties? Seriously, I have not been invited to anything in my area in over 3 years and just don't hear of many people hosting this kind of thing.

5) Would this be easy to combine with another DS business? I am honestly thinking of ordering the small starter kit along with the starter kit from the other company I am looking at (not food related) and see which takes off - if they both do, even better!

Thanks for any advice and input you have. I am looking to make an additional $400-$500/month.

tjk34
03-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi Cykakris,

I am a Team Manager with Tastefully Simple and would be happy to answer your questions:

1) Do I need to set up a certain # of parties before joining?

No, this is not a mandatory step but doing so can increase your chances of meeting the new consultant milestones.

2) How much do you actually cook at the party itself? I'm not much of a cook!

The majority of the prep is done by the Host/Hostess. You actually bring the peel top samples and chips/twisty grahams.

3) When I did a consultant search on the website, it only brought up a couple in my area (which is great!)...but is that everyone or do you have to reach a certain level of sales for your name to come up in that search?

What you are seeing are the number of consultants that currently pay for the Tastefully Simple website ($10.95 per month). That list is not necessarily a representation of all of the consultants in your area but pretty darn close! Sounds like you have a nice opportunity in your area :-) You do not have to reach a certain level of sales, you just have to pay the website fee per month.

4) Do you find people are still hosting parties? Seriously, I have not been invited to anything in my area in over 3 years and just don't hear of many people hosting this kind of thing.

Yes, people still host parties. Perhaps there are not a lot of consultants in your area? Our products change twice a year with the Fall/Winter catalog and the Spring/Summer catalog so there is always something new and exciting at a Tastefully Simple party.

5) Would this be easy to combine with another DS business? I am honestly thinking of ordering the small starter kit along with the starter kit from the other company I am looking at (not food related) and see which takes off - if they both do, even better!

Yes, this is a nice tag along business since it is food based. Depending on what your other business is, you may or may not be able to present both. If it is not another food company you will have no problems. Our product is an easy sell due to being a consumable, once people eat it they often reorder it!

I would be happy to answer any other questions you have! You can email me at [email protected] or simply message me right here.

Regards,
Tracy Koss
Team Manager

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1