WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : First event

jsands1984
03-13-2012, 07:37 AM
I am planning on doing my first show at the end of June at a small local festival. The booth is $50. I have a few questions.

1. How much stock would you recommend for cash and carry? What would be the cheapest/easiest way to build up that stock by then?
2. I was thinking of doing cash or check only for cash and carry and cash, check, or card for orders. Do any of you have experience with this? I have an iPad but I probably won't have access to wifi in order to use a Square card reader.
3. Any other tips you could offer?

Thanks!

CinnaShoppe
03-14-2012, 07:36 AM
I love square - do you have a smart phone that you could use it with? I use mine with my iPhone all the time. Stock depends on the size of the festival really - the bigger the festival the more stock you will want. I do an open house every month to build mine - you can also do a fundraiser and build that way too. If you look into the forum on our workstations you will find some information on "combining" as well :)
Hope that helps
Angie :)

jsands1984
03-14-2012, 07:42 AM
I don't have a smart phone. Maybe someday.

Nic0809
03-14-2012, 08:03 AM
I would personally recommend cash/credit card only for cash and carry. Just so no one writes you a bad check and they already have the product. Plugs and bars seem to be the biggest seller for me at shows. Do you need wifi for square?? I didn't think it used internet but maybe it does... i only ever use it at shows/vendor events when I do cash & Carry on my iphone. Good luck!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1