WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Dropshippers?

aalexander
03-09-2012, 02:32 PM
I'd like to find a dropshipper with no min you have to buy or order? No fee's?
I used to work with one selling Christian biker t-shirts but that was 5 years ago or so.

Any you ladies know of?
Thanks;
Anita

lorah
03-09-2012, 02:41 PM
You might check out the Affiliate Marketing folder. I've read that it is pretty easy to get into and there aren't any fees.

aalexander
03-09-2012, 02:45 PM
You might check out the Affiliate Marketing folder. I've read that it is pretty easy to get into and there aren't any fees.

Thankyou..:-)

AlisonMSmith
03-13-2012, 09:12 AM
FTR, I never worked with a dropshipper who had a minimum and only a few who had fees. (Very reasonable, such as $2 per order.)

aalexander
03-13-2012, 10:47 AM
FTR, I never worked with a dropshipper who had a minimum and only a few who had fees. (Very reasonable, such as $2 per order.)

Ok,Thankyou! That seems just what I am looking for....:-)

BTW,I liked your article...:-)

WahIdeasCom
03-15-2012, 03:58 PM
I once used DealXtreme...not the best of experiences as they notified me of an ordering backlog on a certain product after I had received 40 orders for it...it was a nightmare and bad pr having to explain to my customers over Christmas that their product would not arrive on time. Yikes! If you are going to do dropshipping, I'd recommend buying wholesale and having the product on hand and shipping it yourself. It's more risky but you avoid the hassle of relying on dropshippers to do their job properly.

aalexander
03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
I once used DealXtreme...not the best of experiences as they notified me of an ordering backlog on a certain product after I had received 40 orders for it...it was a nightmare and bad pr having to explain to my customers over Christmas that their product would not arrive on time. Yikes! If you are going to do dropshipping, I'd recommend buying wholesale and having the product on hand and shipping it yourself. It's more risky but you avoid the hassle of relying on dropshippers to do their job properly.

That sounds aweful! I just checked one out but they wanted 299.00 to join.
Not an option,lol

kjm
04-12-2012, 04:44 PM
What exactly is a drop shipper? I an interested in selling a lot on ebay but would like to learn more first lol

ybnegood
04-12-2012, 07:24 PM
I used ckb products and they always treated me well .. no fees and no minimum
however, they did change their product line up a few months ago and dropped some of my popular items.

I learned how to import by myself (very easy to do) and now source my products directly from the manufacturer at much lower cost and then keep the item in stock and ship myself for a bigger profit.

martin

ybnegood
04-12-2012, 07:26 PM
buyincoins is getting to be real popular too... all their products include free shipping
takes about 14 days to receive items though...
I've purchased from them about 20 times now and no problems at all
martin

aalexander
04-13-2012, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=kjm;2944345]What exactly is a drop shipper? I an interested in selling a lot on ebay but would like to learn more first lol[/QUOT

A dropshipper is a place you can order from,using their pictures to advertise ect,but they ship the items under your name.

For example,your advertising your selling t shirts for x amount retail,someone buys one.You'd then order from them,pay them your price,entering your customers address to recieve the shirt.The difference in price is your profit. They ship the item to your customer with your info on the return.

This way you do not have to stock products.
Hope this helps.
Anita

Vanessah
05-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Did u ever find a dropshipper? Lmk I'm interested in this as well.

Bella Pearl
05-18-2012, 10:30 AM
I used ckb products and they always treated me well .. no fees and no minimum
however, they did change their product line up a few months ago and dropped some of my popular items.

I learned how to import by myself (very easy to do) and now source my products directly from the manufacturer at much lower cost and then keep the item in stock and ship myself for a bigger profit.

martin

I think this is what I need to do. I have been trying to buy wholesale from a company, and though they seem great, I haven't heard anything from them and I'm getting anxious. Can you share some tips?

aalexander
05-18-2012, 12:12 PM
No I have not found one yet that I feel comfortable with.I read somewhere that rinomart does dropshipping,but have not found any info on them as of yet.I did however like some of their items.

Hugalicious Ragdolls
05-19-2012, 02:23 AM
If you are thinking about dropshipping, you should check out this site, you can get a professional looking online store that is fully loaded with products. There are lots of different niches, and the startup is very low - Turnkey Dropshipping Stores (http://www.depotnet.com/account/aff/8237/?page=http://www.depotnet.com/wp/)

ybnegood
05-19-2012, 05:40 PM
U.S. companies can sometimes be difficult to work with as they sometimes have huge minimums.
But many will work with you. Let me know what kind of products you are looking for and I may be
able to steer you in the right direction.

pm me or email me
martin

aalexander
05-20-2012, 07:46 AM
I think I'm most interested in baby items and craft items,sewing quilting ect.They seem to sell pretty well. :-)

glodge2002
05-29-2012, 11:28 PM
I think that dropshipping is a great when and if you can find a good, reliable dropshipper with prices low enough to allow you to make profit day in and day out.

In my experience, I have not been able to find anything suitable for dropshipping to ebay consumers. I have looked at some of the big companies like Doba and before I signed up(and paid their fee to join), I saw their "examples" and was far from impressed.

I'm not saying that all dropship companies are bad. I just prefer buying wholesale and having the ability to sell all of the product that I have in just about any timeframe I want to.

OrlandoInside
06-06-2012, 10:27 AM
In all the years of selling online, and I make my living at it, I've never seen any good dropshipping services. They all run out of items and never tell you, the pictures they supply are bad or even wrong, they never get back to you, on and on.

If your going to sell any physical items you simply need to buy them and have it on hand before selling. Otherwise prepare yourself for unhappy customers. :(

tkwood141
07-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info. I am checking in to this.

CrystalMK
08-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I have used Sunrise Wholesale Company in the past. They don't have a monthly fee.

wahmnephew
08-05-2012, 07:49 AM

It's quite easy to get into but there is a learning curve to be had in comparison to e-commerce and eBay. I have done both but prefer e-commerce. The payoff is greater though there is less overhead in affiliate marketing.

HouseofOhlalas
08-05-2012, 01:23 PM
I have been working on putting together my online store for almost a year now and I have had the most success finding dropshippers by just picking an item I want to sell and doing a search for that item with the words dropship and supplier. For instance "candles dropship supplier" And then just sift through the results. I don't really like the all inclusive dropshipping mega malls and I usually avoid the listings that come up for places like alibaba that list a whole bunch of suppliers because I don't usually find what I am looking for there. It's a lot of work putting together a product line but it's a lot of fun too. Hope this helps.

Seagull
08-22-2012, 10:20 PM
To find a dropshiper you need to check company's web-sites. Some of them do wholesale and dropshiping, and they have this information on their web-sites.

CrystalMK
08-24-2012, 08:06 AM
I tried Sunrise previously, they did not have a fee but I just wasn't making enough money doing that so I quit and went to having a business online and that works much better for me.

mominternet
08-24-2012, 04:16 PM
I have used Focal Price but had a difficult time during the holiday season. Customs issues came up and some of the merchandise was not delivered and I had kindly waited for them and come to find out it was past the Paypal period and lost my money.

They did give me in store credit but it took a while as their system had been down.

Focal Price has a lot of selections but the shipping can be extremely tricky especially during the holidays.

Best to sell, order and ship items on or before the first week of December.

nareepotegdi
09-16-2012, 02:29 AM

experience
11-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Drop shipping may seem the easy way, but only because people fear the complexities of importing direct from manufacturers.
I have 22 years experience as an importer and believe me it is laughably easy. Having been forced into retirement by heart surgery I chose to occupy my very active brain by writing a short explanation of how to import without the need to know all the rules about customs duty etc.
There are traps for the unwary, but I outline these, and avoiding any one of them can save a newbie many thousands of dollars.
There is a very safe way to locate genuine manufacturers who will supply small quantities at prices way below what you would pay through drop shippers or wholesalers.
Being new here I don't think I am allowed to display a link, so if you want more information please send me a private message.

jason364
12-10-2012, 02:51 AM
I have used Focal Price but had a difficult time during the holiday season. Customs issues came up and some of the merchandise was not delivered and I had kindly waited for them and come to find out it was past the Paypal period and lost my money.

They did give me in store credit but it took a while as their system had been down.

Focal Price has a lot of selections but the shipping can be extremely tricky especially during the holidays.

Best to sell, order and ship items on or before the first week of December.

jason364
12-10-2012, 02:52 AM
We provide onlinecomputer training for the starters as well as the experienced computer personnel for updating their skills as per the current market needs.
AVS Computer College has designed its programs keeping in view the recent market trend of website development and online business development that has also created the need of online learning and online computer training among career starters and professionals for being a part of such enterprises.
Online Education (http://www.avslearning.blogspot.com)

experience
12-18-2012, 03:56 PM

Focal Price has a lot of selections but the shipping can be extremely tricky especially during the holidays. .

It is strange that there are 2 identical posts a few months apart. This one from jason364 and one on 08.25.2012 from mominternet.

CountryGourmetHome
12-20-2012, 09:45 AM
We offer drop shipping with no fees and no minimum order, you must have a tax ID number. We carry handmade food mixes as well as wickless wax melts and a new bath and body line.

You can send me a pm if you would like more information.

experience
01-28-2013, 08:30 PM
In all the years of selling online, and I make my living at it, I've never seen any good dropshipping services. They all run out of items and never tell you, the pictures they supply are bad or even wrong, they never get back to you, on and on.

If your going to sell any physical items you simply need to buy them and have it on hand before selling. Otherwise prepare yourself for unhappy customers. :(

Having read this entire thread I see that OrlandoInside is far from being the only one who has had serious problems with dropshippers.

There is a simple remedy and another post tells you what it is, but not how to do it:

"I learned how to import by myself (very easy to do) and now source my products directly from the manufacturer at much lower cost and then keep the item in stock and ship myself for a bigger profit."

Small quantities are not a problem, and can be bought at factory prices, much better than wholesale or dropship prices. Have a quick look at my website and you will see how easy it can be to take control of your own business. I do show you how.

Requill
03-18-2013, 02:09 PM
I have been working on putting together my online store for almost a year now and I have had the most success finding dropshippers by just picking an item I want to sell and doing a search for that item with the words dropship and supplier. For instance "candles dropship supplier" And then just sift through the results. I don't really like the all inclusive dropshipping mega malls and I usually avoid the listings that come up for places like alibaba that list a whole bunch of suppliers because I don't usually find what I am looking for there. It's a lot of work putting together a product line but it's a lot of fun too. Hope this helps.

There will be a lot of people out there who will tell you that dropshipping does not work or is not worth getting into because they have had bad experiences. Like anything in life, dropshipping has its pros and cons.

For my case, dropshipping is definitely worth it. Listen to HouseofOhlalas advice.
When i need dropshippers, i sometimes go to aliexpress or ebay and its that simple.

An added benefit of dropshipping, which i am sure you are aware of, is that there is no investment required. You dont have stock items, with the risk that it wont sell.
Also, you can save a lot of me on shipping and a lot of effort in the handling of inventory.

Requill
03-18-2013, 02:15 PM
I really don't want to start any war with member "experience" here but I myself disagreeing with a lot of what he is saying.

He keeps highlighting the importance of importing straight from manufacturers and how this is much safer than buying from sites like alibaba or aliexpress.

alibaba and aliexpress are platforms for you to buy straight from manufacturers..
this is importing..

I'm not saying that its possible for you to get scammed by some of the sellers in these sites. It does happen. I'm saying that if you do your due diligence looking at the feedback score of the sellers here and the feedbacks they have received, you will be able to tell whether or not they are reputable.

I do not have any vested interests that I am trying to promote here. I'm not promoting an eBook here (worth $10) to teach you how to buy from dropshippers..
All im saying is that these sites do work. So give it a try #=]

thats my 2 cents.

experience
03-18-2013, 02:47 PM
I do not dispute that some people have been fortunate enough to find good suppliers on popular sourcing web portals.

What I do know is that I frequently get emails from people who have encountered serious problems after buying from suppliers they have found at one of the popular and well promoted sites.

I also know that many suppliers pretend to be manufacturers and are not. They are wholesalers or agents, and therefore their prices are higher than manufacturers. My book contains 3 pages on procedures to ensure that you are dealing with a genuine manufacturer, and there is also a lot more about how to safely locate suppliers, how to ensure the best prices, how to buy small quantities even if they quote large M.O.Q.s etc.

Requill may be an expert in his field, but I deal with a large number of people who have no idea where to start. Send them straight to one of the sourcing web portals and they are very likely to get into trouble, as many unfortunately have. I know because they come to me for help, often after they have lost a considerable amount of money.

Requill states: "He keeps highlighting the importance of importing straight from manufacturers and how this is much safer than buying from sites like alibaba or aliexpress." but I have never claimed that. I say that sourcing from safe sites is safer than buying via sites that have a reputation for having unreliable or untrustworthy suppliers on their site. If you doubt that, have a look at Ripoff Report | Scams, reviews, complaints, lawsuits and frauds. File a report, post your review. Consumers educating consumers. (http://www.ripoffreport.com) and search for one of the sourcing web portals.

I know of sites that have never had a bad review.

experience
04-23-2013, 03:49 PM
I do not dispute that some people have been fortunate enough to find good suppliers on popular sourcing web portals.

What I do know is that I frequently get emails from people who have encountered serious problems after buying from suppliers they have found at one of the popular and well promoted sites.

I also know that many suppliers pretend to be manufacturers and are not. They are wholesalers or agents, and therefore their prices are higher than manufacturers. My book contains 3 pages on procedures to ensure that you are dealing with a genuine manufacturer, and there is also a lot more about how to safely locate suppliers, how to ensure the best prices, how to buy small quantities even if they quote large M.O.Q.s etc.

Requill may be an expert in his field, but I deal with a large number of people who have no idea where to start. Send them straight to one of the sourcing web portals and they are very likely to get into trouble, as many unfortunately have. I know because they come to me for help, often after they have lost a considerable amount of money.

I say that sourcing from safe sites is safer than buying via sites that have a reputation for having unreliable or untrustworthy suppliers on their site. If you doubt that, have a look at Ripoff Report | Scams, reviews, complaints, lawsuits and frauds. File a report, post your review. Consumers educating consumers. (http://www.ripoffreport.com) and search for one of the sourcing web portals.

I know of sites that have never had a bad review.

Since posting this, I have been contacted by a number of people who think their only option is to buy from dropship suppliers because they find it impossible to buy small quantities direct from the manufacturers. I must say they are looking in the wrong places and/or using the wrong methods in contacting suppliers.

I now have quite a few people who have followed the recommendations in my book, and they tell me that it has been great to at last make direct contact with the factories, and they have had no trouble in ordering small quantities.

I don't like making earnings claims, but I can state with the confidence that comes from importing small and large orders for 22 years, that profit margins totally eclipse what is obtainable by dropshipping.

experience
06-25-2013, 11:53 PM
You might try whole-sale.net. They offer dropshipping and they even have items being sold at less than $1. I already tried purchasing from them. they are legit sellers. I didn't opt to use their dropship though. :)

A whois search shows that whole-sale.net is a parked domain name and is not trading.

Some people are perpetuating the myth that you have to buy big quantities to buy direct from the manufacturers but that is simply not true. For many years until retirement I bought small quantities direct from the factories in Taiwan, Hong Kong, mainland China, Vietnam, Malaysia, South Korea, Italy, and Turkey.

Many orders were for around $100, with shipments valued at $500 being common. It all depends on how you first approach the manufacturers and how you negotiate to get them to supply small amounts even if they quote big MOQs.

Quite a few people are now using my "just in time" ordering system which means they carry very small inventories and only order when they know they have a good selling line.

Amazing profit margins available when you buy ex-factory ensure that you can be competitive and still make very big profits compared to the tiny margins most people have to settle for when they buy from wholesalers or dropshippers.

Why settle for less?

tropicallily
08-28-2013, 07:18 AM
This is great information, I will check it out as well.

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-29-2013, 08:39 AM
I also subscribe to the idea that you really don't need to 'dropship' to make a ton of money on eBay.

Yes, importing is awesome, and I do importing as well - but there are also ways of locally sourcing items with high margins - which is a method I teach as well.

Really, the secret is in the MARKET research. You really need to know, no matter HOW you sell, what the MARKET will teach you about how items sell. Then, your source doesn't matter.

experience
09-05-2013, 10:29 PM
I also subscribe to the idea that you really don't need to 'dropship' to make a ton of money on eBay.

Yes, importing is awesome, and I do importing as well - but there are also ways of locally sourcing items with high margins - which is a method I teach as well.

Really, the secret is in the MARKET research. You really need to know, no matter HOW you sell, what the MARKET will teach you about how items sell. Then, your source doesn't matter.

Yes many people I know have started eBay selling with things they have sourced locally and later added importing to their sourcing mix.

I have read AuctionDebtEliminator's explanation of how to do market research and it is excellent. Without the proper research you are going in blind.

AuctionDebtEliminator
09-17-2013, 05:47 AM
Thank you so much, experience.

One thing people hear me say all the time is it doesn't matter WHERE the item comes from so long as it is PROFITABLE and LEGAL.

From there, you're golden and can have a great reach.

allisonmackenzie
09-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Thanks for all of the info, I am very interested in this too.

RetailTrail
09-26-2013, 10:07 AM
There are a couple of directories that are pretty good. The do all the research for you on dropshippers/wholesalers, etc.

Salehoo and WorldWideBrands

AuctionDebtEliminator
10-02-2013, 05:54 AM
Use those dropshippers if you want to take someone else's word for it to lose a lot of money.

You need to know your market before you make a decision - and know your deductions. The 299 dollar start up fee isn't worth it - and their 'vetting of suppliers' is a joke.

Do. not. make. ANY decision without first running your OWN data.

DylanC
12-14-2013, 03:45 AM
Anybody has experience with using Zazzle.com as dropshippers for eBay?

D&RGroupInc
01-30-2014, 04:34 PM
I'd like to find a dropshipper with no min you have to buy or order? No fee's?
I used to work with one selling Christian biker t-shirts but that was 5 years ago or so.

Any you ladies know of?
Thanks;
Anita

If you sell on eBay or Amazon I may be of some help We stock a large inventory of general merchandise and will work with you on a 50/50 split of sales

trikirypark777
01-30-2014, 05:29 PM
I am trying to find a drop shipper or wholesaler for as seen on tv products. Is this possible without joining a club to get a list? Thanks in advance for all advice.

trikirypark777
02-05-2014, 05:53 AM
Please send me information about your drop shipping program. Thanks

lisadlastdegree
03-26-2014, 05:32 AM
I have scanned this thread but it seems no-one has mentioned WorldWideBrands? Google it but I received all my training (free) plus I then subscribed to their growing directory on where to find drop shippers.

Worldwide Brands is a drop ship source directory of wholesale dropship products and product sourcing for wholesalers.

Unfortunately I live in Australia and they are not very good represented however I used it do a lot of research and import cheap products into Australia to sell on ebay. I also was then able to set up a fairly successful pet product ebay business with a combination of drop shipping, importing and contacting local wholesalers who would sell in small amounts ($100).

TheMysticCafe
04-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Does buyincoins have dropshipping

vemmamom
04-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Vemma just became an affiliate marketing company as of April 1st. They drop ship to about 58 countries around the world. No sign up or membership fees. Feel free to contact me for details.

easyonlinesuppliers
04-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Aside from having a decent website, this it the 2nd biggest obstacle that online business owners have to deal with. From our experience, there are more big named drop shippers that will make it close to impossible to make a profit from, than there are reasonable ones.

The good news is that there are some out there. It can be quite a chore to scour through them all, and some are not even available to the public by simple searches. We have developed great working relationships with drop shippers and offer our database as a service to our clients.

Contact me if you are interested!!

experience
05-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Hi Lihem,

I can't believe you would even consider it !!!!!!!

Check out Dinodirect on ripoffreport at Ripoff Report | dinodirect.com Search of Complaints & Reviews (http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/specific_search/dinodirect.com)

If you have $1,000 to spend you could buy direct from the actual manufacturers in China and enjoy absolutely massive profit margins. It is possible to place small orders with genuine manufacturers regardless of the huge MOQs that you will see quoted, but there are two things you need to learn first:
1. How to approach the manufacturers the right way. Most people don't even get a reply.
2. Where to safely locate real manufacturers. Most of the "manufacturers" listed on the big, popular sourcing sites are traders or wholesalers. If you want huge profits you must buy direct from the factory.

Regarding where to stock the product, that is a simple problem. You could use a fulfillment service, or keep it in a self storage unit.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1