WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

djunamod
02-16-2012, 03:35 AM
Hi all,
This is sort of a take-off from my previous thread :D.

I'm wondering if anybody here either teaches or tutors or has taught or tutored ESL students who are living abroad. I know there are several companies out there that offer tutoring services, mainly in conversational English, that cater to a foreign market (such as students from Southeast Asia or the Middle East).

Can you tell me a little bit about your experience, whether you did or did not like it, whether you had experience teaching ESL before and whether you felt that did or did not make a difference (I have a lot of online teaching experience teaching college English courses to Native English speakers but no real ESL teaching experience)?

I'm just trying to get a sense of what this kind of job might entail and whether it would be something I would enjoy and be good at. I thought I recall someone on these boards mentioning that she does this over the phone and she really loves it, but I was hoping for some other experiences as well.

Djuna